Chapter 29 - Rikarisu City

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

After being granted permission to enter, we walked through the village before finding ourselves in the cozy abode of the village elder, Rokkus.

With various bows and furs lining the walls, and a large hearth at the centre, it reminded me quite a bit of Sylphy's house. I hadn't gone over there too often, but enough to have the picture in my head.

Since Laws was a hunter, and nearly every male in this village seemed to be a hunter as well, it made sense for them to have similar decor.

With Norn and Aisha taking the time to rest after a long day, I talked with Rokkus about our plans.

"...So you plan to support your journey home by yourself?" Rokkus asks.

"Yeah," I nod. "I'm fairly strong, as is Ruijerd, and Eris is tough enough to take care of herself. I plan to go as fast as the little ones can handle, earning money when I can."

I would need to visit a city and get an understanding of the land before making anything concrete, but I planned to pick up jobs from the Adventure Guild to earn our keep. And possibly even freelancing my magic abilities if they were in demand.

Ruijerd said that Rikarisu was close, right? That was a fairly big city, from what Roxy told me.

"Indeed, Leon is strong," Ruijerd adds. "But either way, I will be joining them."

Rokkus' gentle smile turns into a small frown, "...Are you sure about that, Ruijerd?"

"What do you mean? Of course I am," the man responds.

"But... you are barred from entering any city in the continent, are you not?"

...Huh?

Rokkus continues, "The only reason we allow you here is because of how you saved those children and continued to hunt monsters for us, which we are very grateful for, but the other villages and cities do not know of your true morals."

My head slowly turns back to Ruijerd, "Is this true?"

He awkwardly looks off to the side, "I will be fine waiting outside, shall it come to that."

Haa... right.

After seeing how Ruijerd was accepted into this village, I assumed that while he would have some difficulties with the population, it would mostly amount to being avoided and feared.

If anything, I thought of that as a plus of having the man adventure with us, as he would scare off any problems that would likely arise with having four human children venturing the continent alone.

We wouldn't look so vulnerable with a feared Superd with us, after all.

But being barred from the city entirely... well, that might prove to be a bit of a problem.

...Wait.

"Ruijerd... do you hold any pride toward your hair and gemstone?" I ask.

"Hm? No, not particularly," he shakes his head. "The most important source of pride for a Superd warrior is their spear."

...Ignoring how those words could be taken, I try to think of a solution.

"Hm? Leon? What's going on?" Eris asks, her eyes darting around the various weapons in the room with interest.

"...Nothing. I was just thinking about something," I reply.

Yeah... that might work.

It could wait for tomorrow, though.