Chapter 28 - Ruijerd Superdia

—-- Leon Greyrat —--

'Hey, *****... would you... like to go to a movie with me?'

Huh?

Who... what was that voice? Where am I? It's dark... I can't see anything, not even my hands right in front of me.

No... I couldn't feel my hands either. To be exact, I couldn't feel anything.

Sure! W-Which one?

What... was that... my voice?

But... it didn't feel the same. It didn't sound the same, either.

'I was thinking... maybe this one?'

That weird voice again... it was a girl's.

What was happening?

Actually, no. This didn't matter.

That man, Ruijerd... we fought, and I lost.

But his words at the end... they almost seemed... kind. As if he wasn't going to finish me off.

Was he truly going to protect Eris, Aisha, and Norn, just like he said?

But I couldn't be too sure...

Anyway, if I wasn't dead, I was definitely asleep. Most likely due to running out of mana.

But I couldn't just stay here.

I needed to get up and see what was happening.

I needed to wake up!

"Hah!"

Shooting up, I feel my heartbeat pounding against my chest as I look around me, my shaky breath slowly returning to a normal pace.

I was... inside the hut. And from the small bit of light coming from the entryway, it was morning.

But... how did I end up here? Didn't I pass out pretty far away from the shelter?

"You're up."

Hearing a rough yet quiet voice, I turn to my side, only to see the same man who put me in this state, Ruijerd, sitting opposite me against the wall.

...What was he doing here?

Wait. If he got through the barrier, then...

Frantically looking to my side, I'm immensely relieved to see Aisha and Norn both snuggling against my leg to my right, with Eris sprawled out to my left, her hair undone and her midriff showing.

Haa... I'd have to do up her hair again later.

"...Yes. How did you break through the barrier?" I ask.

"Hm? Barrier?" he asks before his eyes light up with realization. "Ah, so that's what that feeling was... no, I did not break through the barrier."

...Okay, so he didn't break through it. And paired with the fact my sisters, Eris, and myself were safe, this guy was... not an enemy.

Although he still had that harsh look, and I still felt a little scared around him, he was friendly... I think.

"I see... why... why did you watch over us?" I ask.

He tilts his head, "Didn't I say I would? Besides, a Superd warrior never abandons children."

...Right.

"I see... so you're not evil... then... why did you fight me?" I ask.

He raises his eyebrows once more in confusion, "Was raising your sword not a request for a duel?"