Just Fun

Spence

Seeing her only a few feet away from me made my skin crawl. I didnt hate people, wasn't made to. She wasn't remorseful, she don't identify with it. I looked back to see her girlfriend sitting behind her. The audacity to have her here, but this is Tanisha we talking about, we don't expect much. My respect for her was so low...scratch that, it didn't exist. She was categorized as the rest of them, nothing special. I'm not saying all women are the same, but let's be honest, she's definitely corrupted my feelings towards them.

I turned to see Chace, Damien, Carter, my family and some of my teammates and coaches. They all were rooting for me to be granted full custody. I hear her laughter, I know it's hers without even looking her way. I knew her scent when she passed me, the tap of her heels against the floor, because I know her walk. She toyed with the charm on the necklace her grandmother gave her, if she's nervous. She filled in the ends of her eyebrows because they didn't fully grow in....and now I'm reminiscing. It's not because I miss her...just can't make sense of this all.

How did we wind up here? How did I miss the red flags?

"Would you like more water Spence?" My lawyer asked.

I held the empty glass in my hand. "ahem," I cleared my throat. I put the glass down. "Nah, just ready go to see what she gonna say."

"Judge Bridges is tough but fair."

"I trust that she is," the amount of money I was paying my attorney, he better win.

************* Flashback************
Spence and Tanisha's wedding day

"Crying?" I understanding why.

"In full on tears, we've tried everything." Her mom was walking beside me to where she was.

"Where is she?" She pointed to the reception room.

I followed her eyes to the table with all the desserts and I see a piece of the train from her dress sticking out. "Oh, okay."

"Good luck," her mom pats my chest.

I get down on the my hands and knees and crawl underneath the table with her.

"Nish, what's wrong?"

"The dress is too tight, my make up isn't how I wanted it. One of my bridesmaids didn't show and I feel fat." She put her hand on her round belly.

"First, I'm sorry that things aren't going exactly the way you wanted...but I'm here and you here, that's what it's all about right?"

"Yes, but I wanted to be perfect for you."

"I'm only a human, I don't expect perfection." I took off her shoes and her little feet were swollen.

"Forgot to mention my feet are so fat I can barely fit my shoes."

I laughed, putting her feet in my lap to massage them. "Im not laughing at you but I love your fat feet."

"You're not making it better,"

"Queen, I did all this for you. I was good with our backyard."

"I just want everyone to witness our special day and every little girl wants a princess wedding."

"And I love that you were able to plan it out the way you always dreamed, but baby God laughs at our plans. This was never going to be perfect, never. The moment you called that wedding planner God already knew how he wanted this day to go."