Control

Flash back

Damien comes into the condo with fear in his eyes. "What?"

He just hugs me. "I just had a gun pointed at me,"

"What?!" I hold his face. "What happened?"

"This ex employee was mad about being fired and he came back with a gun."

"Damien, are you okay? Come and sit on the couch." I walked him to the couch and ran to the kitchen to fix him a drink.

"Don't know...I really thought he was gon just pull the trigger and I would never see my loved ones again."

I handed him the glass and sat on the arm of the chair rubbing his back. "Were they able to detain him?"

"Yeah," he swallowed the liquor in one big gulp. He notices my stuff packed. "You can't leave right now, not after what I just told you."

"I am leaving Dame. Sorry about what happened but I still have to go."

"Stay at least tonight Carter, at least tonight. I'm just really shaken up about this."

I stood up. "No, I can't...I'm done bending for you."

"Carter I didn't fuck Chace I swear on my life. We didn't fuck." He reached for me.

I stepped back. "He shouldn't of ever stayed the night and then you were in there with him."

"I made him leave the very next morning,"

"So what? So I should be happy about that?" I stared at him. "He shouldn't have ever even been here...period."

"Carter I love you and I made a mistake, but I do not want you to leave. I am begging you to stay with me, I want to be with you."

"and him too, you wanna be with him also. You can't be with us both? That shit will never happen, because I have no respect for Chace. I dislike him so much..."

"I'm aware but this is about us right now,"

"Until it wasn't. I been sharing my spot with Chace since I met you. I tried ignoring it and smiling through being number two but I can't,"

"You not number two Carter, you could never be. I don't love him more than you."

"I have a hard time believing you love me at all."

"Why you saying that shit? You not sure if I love you?" He was offended. "I have tried to do nothing but prove to you everyday I do. You just wanna run, you always running."

I walked over to stand in front of him. "To avoid shit like this."

"Whatever,"

"Whatever? Dame you want to be with that man and he wants you...so what the fuck am I doing here?"

We are both crying at this point. "I have never not wanted you here...I have never not wanted you. I just don't know how to let him go completely."

"You've never been able to and I was understanding of that because I thought you'd work on it. You never intended to be done with him..just admit it."

"Na," he stood up and walked towards the room.

There was a knock on the door. I open it to find a worried Chace in font of me. Just great. "He's here,"