Tempted to Cancel

Carter

"Having to wear the exact colors someone wants for their divorce party is annoying me."

"Carter stop being extra, just come on." Chace said.

"Don't rush me, you know I don't like being rushed because I can just drive myself there in my jeep."

"No, we all need to show up together."
Damien intervened.

I rolled my eyes. "You and wanting to be in control is good for the bedroom but outside of it please stop.

Chace just shook some skittles in his hand and tossed them into his mouth. "We gon be late."

"Did you even take a shower after work?" I asked him.

"Worry bout the ass connected to you...mines good."

"You worry about my ass more than I worry bout it."

Damien laughed. "Why you so cranky?"

Chace threw a skittle at me. "Carter finish getting ready."

"Cause I didn't forget how he ate my left over wings."

"Three pieces of wings and you pissy all day?"

"So, I woke up late last night thinking I have some wings to snack on, only to find out they're gone."

"They was good as fuck too,"he rubbed his stomach and I could see red. I wanted to strangle him.

"Dame get him out of here...like can I have the room? Damn..."

"Aaight aaight, Chace let's give him some space."

**********

Chace

We were now in the living room waiting for him. "I'm rethinking today." I flopped down on the couch. "Tempted to cancel everything."

"You know how he get when he know we going around a lot of people." Damien sat by me and I laid my head on his lap. "and you know good as I do you love that man."

"With all my heart but he better tighten up."

"You was wrong for eating his wings, be for real."Damien played with my hair.

"I was." I giggled. "You talk to his mom and brother?"

"As a matter fact." He picked up his phone."
Yeah, she said they're already there."

"Which is why his ass need to come on." We both looked towards the room. "Told you not to give him the option of two outfits."

"I realize how bad of an idea it was now...but um, Tanisha asked was she invited." Damien smirked.

"Fuck no," I was angry just hearing her name.

"Exactly," he agreed.

"I ain't cool with her no more, not how she did my nigga or Carter and Suki dropped her ass after a couple weeks. That's what she get."

"Word?"

I nodded scratching my nose. "mmhm. She say she ain't sign up to be no stepmom."

Damien frowned. "But Tanisha only get him like every other weekend."

"Her boss just realized she ain't ready to commit. People be thinking because sex good you going to always have a good time. That shit physical."

"Yeah, you gotta be able to have a conversation about nothing, but just because it's with that person you love, it makes any lil conversation interesting."