Back to me

Chace

"Fuck no, let me out up here." I told Carter.

"Chace, I didn't do that bad."

"You damn near went into the ditch three times. My heart ain't cut out for this. Let me out." I unlocked my door.

Damien was laughing. "Chace, he did okay, you are doing too much."

"Carter who issued you yo license in London? I need to petition to have them fired immediately. Ain't no fuckin way you twenty-five years old and can't drive."

"I'm twenty-four actually and you still don't know my birthday and we about to get married?"

"I know your birthday; I just fuck up on your age. I forget you a couple years younger than me, cause you act fifty sometimes."

"Chace not today."

"Why you think you have to slam your foot down on the gas and brakes?" Damien asked.

"You come over here and show me I don't see what I'm doing wrong."

"Shit everything." Carter turns around in his seat and reaches in the back to hit me.

"Shut up. Why did you even come?"

"Guess Im ready to earn my wings cause you bout to drive me right to the gates of heaven."

"Like you are going there, pfft." He laughs.

My phone rings. "It's Zhi."

"He's calling more than usual lately." Carter said.

Damien touched his face and shook his head. "Leave it alone Carter."

"I'm just saying I know they are friends, but Chace has a life and a family."

"He knows that Carter, just let him take the phone call."

"Sup Khi?" I answer trying to listen to Carter and Dame.

"He's gone." Is all I hear on the other end, but it's not Khi's voice.

"What? What you mean?" I tune them out. "Who is this?"

I hear him swallow. "Somebody just took him." I make out Cario's voice.

"What the fuck, so you mean somebody just took him?" I feel myself panicking. "Unless you fuckin with magicians, he didn't just disappear."

Damien and Carter stop talking and turn to look at me.

"This nigga I got into it with named Ton and his clique."

"Hold up. The same niggas that smoked yo partna?"

"Yeah."

I punch the back of Damien's seat. "How you let this happen and this betta not be no joke."

"They must have been staking out his apartment and saw that we were here, and I was in the bathroom. When I came out, they had him down on his knees with guns aimed at him."

I balled up my fist and Damien put his hand on top of my fist. I snatched away. "Guns aimed at him. Cario man when I see you it's on fuckin sight." I hang up the phone. I was going dead in his shit on arrival.

"What's going on?" Carter asks.

"Man take me home."

"Carter let's switch." Damien unbuckles his seatbelt.

***********

I'm packing my suitcase so fast I'm not sure what I'm even grabbing, some of my things fall to the floor. Damien kneels down and picks everything up. He folds my stuff, sticking it into my suitcase. I feel his hand on my back, so I turn to him. "Dame," my voice cracks.