131: Malice

As if a tiger had escaped its shackles and crept into their backyards, all the residents in the Garden of Eden spent a day in fear and turmoil when the officials could no longer suppress the news of the disappearance of the female posthumans. If someone were to stand by the window, they would hear the sharp barks from the marching troops on the streets and the wailing sirens from many ambulances. Now and then, the sound of broken glass could be heard, and the cacophony of noise had already lasted for the entire day.

Lei Ming, who had obediently stayed indoors as told, had no idea what had happened outside. He circled the entire house anxiously until night came. When Gong Daoyi finally returned, Lei Ming visibly let out a sigh of relief before welcoming him quickly.

Gong Daoyi combed his hair back with his fingers. There was barely any expression on his beautiful, immaculate face, "Yes, they already escaped."

"That's great! That explains the pandemonium outside... Um, you look unhappy?" Lei Ming asked cautiously.

Gong Daoyi kneaded his face and answered, "No, but we have to leave the Garden of Eden tonight."

Lei Ming was briefly dazed as a chronic people-pleaser before he agreed quickly. After some consideration, he decided not to ask if they would just leave those female posthumans to their own devices.

Gong Daoyi sat in a chair and looked upwards. He suddenly spoke with a slightly quivering voice and an indescribably ambiguous tone, "Oh... I have to thank her for chasing me away. I was so scared and excited the entire day."

Meanwhile, Lin Sanjiu was quite puzzled that she managed to send Gong Daoyi away with just a few words. She thought that it would be harder. She did not want to waste time thinking about it because, in any case, they were not coming back to Guang Zhu's residence.

"To summarize, these two teams will focus on locations where the anti-radiation resources are stored. Xueqin will brief you on the exact location. It would be better if you could catch and question some people, so we wouldn't miss any crucial..."

The 43 people were grouped into ten smaller teams. Lin Sanjiu tried her best to put people with different types of abilities together to complement each other's weaknesses. Their targets were various strategic locations in the city. They also worked out how to communicate and get help between teams.

By the time their plans had been finalized, it was already late at night.

"The operation will last for two hours. After two hours, all teams should gather at the meeting point. Please remember, safety first."

Lin Sanjiu stood at the door as she watched the various teams leave. When each of them walked past her, they nodded and smiled at her or added a quick remark. Each of them carried a laser gun at their waists. In the worst-case scenario, the gun would ensure that they wouldn't be captured alive. Even though there were 43 people now, Lin Sanjiu wondered if there would still be 43 people when they met again.

Someone stopped by her side, and Lin Sanjiu noticed that it was Xueqin, who was still being piggybacked by the escort. After the escort had been used for one day, he became much shorter, and Xueqin's legs were dragged around. She didn't seem to mind but was rather curious when she looked at Lin Sanjiu. "Why aren't you coming with us?"

"I'll be honest with you," Lin Sanjiu looked into her eyes sincerely, "I told you guys not to go to the Garden of Eden Laboratories, right? Well, I wanted to scout out that place first."

"Isn't it dangerous for you to go alone?"

"I will just observe from outside. It shouldn't be a problem." Lin Sanjiu flashed a faint smile.