134: Neapolitan Cake (2)

Carrying the drunken woman was like carrying a large, heavy rock wrapped in a long, beautiful dress. She weighed heavier than usual. It was easy for Lin Sanjiu to carry Lila into the house despite that.

"Oh, you're so strong," Lila exclaimed, sending a waft of alcoholic breath in Lin Sanjiu's direction. Lin Sanjiu turned her head aside, and Lila giggled and touched her face, "It would be great if you were a guy."

Luckily, the [Versu Poison] on Lin Sanjiu's body had already been used in the Garden of Eden; otherwise, Lila would have died. Lin Sanjiu kept a straight face and ignored the woman. She walked wordlessly through the garden until she reached the side door of a small castle. She bumped the door with her body, and the wooden door squeaked open. Lila must have left it open.

"Go upstairs. Go upstairs. My bedroom is upstairs; I want you to see my gorgeous bedroom."

Lin Sanjiu sighed and shifted the woman onto her shoulder, carrying her like a sack of potatoes. While Lin Sanjiu climbed up the stairs, Lila lit the candles on the wall in her drunken state.

Under the flickering light of the candles, the gothic ceilings of the castle appeared higher and even more mysterious. Lila wasn't exaggerating. The interior of the castle had an exquisite architecture. There were all sorts of tapestries of some unknown style on the walls. Silver candle holders with carved flower motifs filled the entire castle. There was a clock covered with jewels and gems.

Somehow, the sky had darkened. When Lin Sanjiu dumped Lila on a big bed, she could see from the window in the bedroom that the sky had already become navy blue. Lila lay on her bed, face down. She mumbled something and finally kept quiet. The room suddenly became silent.

"You don't even have a single servant?" When Lin Sanjiu saw that Lila had fallen asleep, she massaged her temples. She did not know what she should do next. Considering her present circumstances, it seemed like she would have to stay here for now. With the storyline's main character near her, she was sure she would find some clues soon.

"When will Bluebeard return?" Lin Sanjiu murmured. She walked to the window to pull the red velvet curtains. The sensation disappeared when she touched the soft curtains and suddenly stepped on a dried branch. It broke with a crisp sound, quickly melting into the dark, silent forest.

A girl with a red cape and a basket was just some distance ahead. Lin Sanjiu was stupefied as she surveyed her surroundings.

Though this wasn't her first time, she could not repress her shock. Lila's room had disappeared, and when Lin Sanjiu looked up, she could only see the branches of countless old trees from the canopy of the forest, which blocked the sky from view. There was barely any light in the forest, so her white shirt was now closer to a shade of dark blue.

A cold, emotionless wind swept through the forest, rustling the leaves on the trees, making the forest more isolated and gloomier than it was.

"What's wrong? If we don't hurry, it will be night soon." Red Riding Hood turned to look at Lin Sanjiu.

"It's nothing. I'm just distracted," Lin Sanjiu said quietly, sighing.

"Hey, if we walk a little more, we will reach it soon." Red Riding Hood chirped as she pointed to somewhere in the distance. She had yet to hear Lin Sanjiu's previous reply. Lin Sanjiu made an affirmative sound and looked in the direction she pointed. Amidst the old trees, she managed to make out the roof of a wooden cottage.

"The sky is a little overcast. I hope it doesn't rain." Red Riding Hood looked up at the sky, pulled her hood closer to her face, and quickened her pace. "My granny hates rainy days."

"Why?" Lin Sanjiu asked casually.

"Because there are fewer guests on rainy days."

"Guests?" Lin Sanjiu was sure that the story did not mention that the grandmother ran any sort of business.