115: You Will Regret This

Ever since the Garden of Eden's Lunar New Year Fighting Tournament had started, this was the first time in 28 years that a female contestant voluntarily participated. With the high levels of informants in the city, this news quickly spread throughout the Garden of Eden. Within five minutes, everyone in the city had witnessed how Lin Sanjiu rebelliously presented herself on the screen. The program only showed one shot of how Sandwhale's incomplete corpse was thrown to the ground like a piece of rag. After that, his corpse was quickly carried away by a group of people. This was a valuable piece of information that would be used to analyze Contestant 97's combat abilities. After she was surrounded, Lin Sanjiu sat on an empty chair and cooperatively placed her arms behind herself to let them tie her up once more.

The cameramen were at the end of their wits by this point. A swarm of cameras surrounded Lin Sanjiu, showing her from all angles on the screen. The pink-faced host was so annoyed that the veins on his face were bulging. He held on to another camera that was heading her way, shouting at the audience while the medical staff quickly rushed over to check her wounds. The only person who seemed unaffected was Lin Sanjiu, who sat in the middle of the whole commotion.

The pink-faced host took a few deep breaths and stood in front of her. His spittle sprayed everywhere as he asked, "Contestant 97, can you tell us what happened in the changing room? Why are you willing to participate in this tournament? Do you know what this involves?"

It took a while before Lin Sanjiu turned to look at him. She had no intention of sharing anything with these people. Even though she looked composed when she was walking out of the door, she still felt somewhat shaken when she remembered what had happened.

After meeting so many people, that ability to turn one's body into a sandstorm was definitely the top three most lethal abilities she had encountered.

When she was trapped between the two sandstorms, Lin Sanjiu really had no way to escape. This was because her plan was just like what Sandwhale had predicted. She wanted to lead the sandstorm toward him so that he would protect himself. She didn't expect that his entire body could become sand, so she was really driven to the edge of death.

Just then, she noticed something under her legs. As this was a changing room shared by many, the room was divided into many hanging curtains. After chasing and dodging, both of them had torn down most of these curtains, which were left messily on the ground.

Lin Sanjiu found a messy pile of cloth just by her feet in the right place at the right time. Lin Sanjiu immediately dropped to the ground. At the same time, she pulled the curtain with her left hand and shielded her head and upper body. Her lightning-speed action took less than half a second. While Sandwhale laughed loudly, the grains of sand hit the cloth in Lin Sanjiu's hand. Every grain of sand was like a small metal ball. Even if they fell on a metal board, they would cause multiple dents, let alone the curtain fabric. Initially, Sandwhale thought he would be able to see Lin Sanjiu die from the sandstorms. However, his laughter stopped, and he suddenly lost his voice.

The cloth, along with a large amount of sand, disappeared from his sight. The remaining sand, which missed the curtain, struck Lin Sanjiu's legs. Unfortunately, every grain of sand was actually made from Sandwhale's blood and flesh. After losing that volume of flesh, naturally, the strength that could be exerted with the remaining grains of sand was greatly reduced. That attack wasn't even strong enough to break her bones.

Sandwhale stared wide-eyed at the card in Lin Sanjiu's hand before slowly looking down at his empty chest. The remaining sand that assaulted her quickly retreated back to their master's body. They reverted back to flesh covering a small portion of his chest cavity. However, there was still a gaping hole the size of a head right in the middle of his chest, and there was no sand left.