130: The Dreaded Hero Complex

The silent confrontation at the corner of the hall drew no attention. When Gong Daoyi saw the weapon in Lin Sanjiu's hand, his eyes brightened, and he even gave a faint smile. He sat down again with an amiable expression as if he was having tea with an old friend, "Okay, why don't you tell me what you remembered?"

Lin Sanjiu simply couldn't understand the man's behavior.

"Oh, you misunderstood my intentions. I did try to hypnotize you, but I meant you no harm." Gong Daoyi clapped his hands as if he just remembered something, "I was a consultant in the past. I know you are under a great deal of pressure... If you didn't snap out of the hypnosis just now, you would feel your stress slowly ebbing away. And when you woke up, you would feel fantastic."

Lin Sanjiu squinted as if she was trying to figure this man out and didn't say a word. After some time, her mouthpart weapon disappeared from her hand. "This is my last warning. Don't do that again," she stated coldly.

Gong Daoyi looked at her with his star-spangled eyes and blinked before he nodded.

Lin Sanjiu walked away without saying another word.

Even though her School of Higher Consciousness was still temporarily sealed, it boosted her natural cognitive abilities and willpower. It helped her to snap out of that hypnosis session. With regards to Gong Daoyi, she felt that it was safer if she could keep an eye on him.

While the other women cooked, they bantered and laughed. Xueqin's frustrated voice could easily be heard, "Didn't I say that is a quick cook button? Why did you bake that for such a long time... I think you better peel off that skin! Hey, that is not an egg. Ahhh!"

As the women burst out into laughter, the escort walked out of the kitchen. Xueqin and himself were covered with frosting, just like two snowmen. Her glum expression was still clearly visible despite the white powder on her face. This was the first time Lin Sanjiu heard the others laughing—she couldn't help but let out a chuckle. When Xueqin glared at her, she quickly suppressed her laughter and asked, "Is dinner ready?"

"Even though they made a big mess, the dishes should be ready in 30 minutes, whatever is left, that is," Xueqin replied earnestly with her sugar-powdered face. "Are you hungry?"

Lin Sanjiu nodded, but that was not the reason why she had asked her about dinner. Lin Sanjiu found Li Tao and passed her a card.

"I think he will let down his guard during dinner. I want you to stick this card on his hazmat suit. It is best if you could paste it somewhere, which is hard to spot."

Li Tao took the card from her and looked at it. A line of words appeared on the card: "4:08 AM. It feels great to be held in the hand of a beautiful and cute lady."

Lin Sanjiu snatched the card from Li Tao and squished it tightly in her hand. Just when Li Tao thought she had misheard a screaming sound, the card was returned to her.

When she looked at the card again, it only showed these plain words: "This card has been preset to be activated after 30 minutes, at 4:38 AM."

The women, who were sleeping, quickly woke up without anyone calling when the fragrant smell of the first dish wafted into their noses, as all it took was their rumbling stomachs. Including Gong Daoyi, there were a total of 45 mouths to feed. The amount of food needed was actually quite large. Thankfully, Guang Zhu's house was well-stocked with food, so everyone could have a full meal.

Considering that they wouldn't be staying there for long, everyone brought all the food that they could find to the table. There was that free-range 'chicken,' something yellow like egg tarts, a large loaf of bread, a pizza with some meat sauce, etc. Everyone was in a great mood, and someone even found wine and began happily drinking directly from the bottle.