128: I Want the Garden of Eden to Have the Same End

The arena, which was usually overlit during the matches, was now dark. The pale yellow light streaming from the few weak spotlights barely pierced through the darkness, illuminating a small area. There were about a few dozen guards guarding the place. Their sergeant sat in a chair in a carefree manner, with his hands crossed. He had already fallen asleep. Other than a small patrolling team, the other guards crouched down to rest, and some even started smoking and chatting quietly.

It had already been a couple of hours, but the female posthumans remained in their capsules without showing any odd behavior. The soldiers who had maintained their high vigilance throughout the night were starting to feel a little tired. "It's okay to rest, but I don't want any of you to let down your guard. Keep your eyes on those capsules," the sergeant, who had been sitting motionless, suddenly spoke. It immediately got the guards' attention, who all replied with a "Yes, sir!"

For a split second, Lin Sanjiu thought that they had spotted her. She held her breath and waited for some time. After confirming that the guards weren't planning anything, she half-crouched as she walked stealthily between the space of two capsules, signaling for the women in the capsules to keep quiet. She had five minutes before the guards started patrolling again. Lin Sanjiu thought for a moment before she pressed both hands on the floor and activated her [Mosaic Censorship]. Boom! Concrete flew everywhere, and a shallow hole appeared.

"What's that sound? Team three, investigate!" the sergeant stood up instantly, yelling at his men with his rough voice.

"Sir, the sound came from the capsule containment area, but we can't see it clearly!"

Lin Sanjiu felt her throat tightened. The patrolling guards did not enter the containment area when they were patrolling. They basically just walked outside the electric net and swept their flashlights through the area. However, it was vital for her to lure them inside...

Lin Sanjiu had no choice but to use her stupid method again. She waited for some time. Once the flashlight from the patrolling team disappeared above her head, she created another small hole in the floor.

This time, the people outside could no longer neglect it.

"Inform the control room to switch off the High Energy Deflector Barrier. Team three, Team four, go in there and find out the source of that noise. Remember to release the safety locks on your weapons."

'So, it's called the High Energy Deflector Barrier...' Lin Sanjiu watched as the electric net grew faint and vanished instantly. A total of twenty soldiers from the two teams carried their heavy weapons and stepped cautiously into the capsule containment area. As the light from their headlamps flashed across the capsules, they found nothing wrong. All the women were resting quietly in their capsules. They walked around the containment area twice and finally shouted that there was no problem. After that, the twenty guards walked out of the containment area, and the High Energy Deflector Barrier was once again erected.

The two teams returned to their guarding positions and continued watching the capsule containment area.

"That's weird. What made that noise..." the sergeant mumbled to himself. After contemplating, he returned to his chair, activated the screen on his wristband, and decided to report the incident to his superior. However, before he could send out his message, he suddenly felt someone touching his shoulder. Following this, he heard a soft, cold female voice from behind, "Have you seen me in the tournament?"

The sergeant, Nanders, froze, and goosebumps instantly appeared on his skin.

"Don't move. Let me introduce myself. I am Contestant 97, Lin Sanjiu." When he felt her breath on his neck, it was as if Death was leaning on his shoulders, "Right now, both my hands are on you."