123: Sweet Revenge! But is Lin Sanjiu Crazy?

Li Tao said nothing. Instead, she raised her brow and retained that expression for quite some time. Lin Sanjiu looked at her, feeling slightly awkward. After Lin Sanjiu told Li Tao her plan, both fell into an indescribable silence. The prison van they had seen every day would be reaching the arena soon. The duoluozhongs who survived the previous matches had also gathered, waiting for a command.

Lin Sanjiu knew that her plan was a little too simple, but she still couldn't help urging Li Tao softly, "Hey, why don't you just comment on it or something?"

If Li Tao's expression could be described in words, it probably meant, "You call that a plan?" However, she suddenly turned around and shouted, "What do you all think?"

Lin Sanjiu was surprised to discover that, at some point in time, the other three female contestants had surrounded them and heard her proposal. Compared to Li Tao, the three other women looked more helpless and terrified. One of the women, with an old-fashioned student hairstyle, facepalmed herself before looking up with a face filled with doubt, "Are you sure you can keep your word?"

"That's too reckless. I, I can't..." a petite woman in her mid-thirties muttered dishearteningly to herself while she looked at the howling duoluozhongs near them and held her own arm to comfort herself. Yet, she approached Lin Sanjiu unconsciously.

"If I didn't plan to hold onto this plan, I would have no reason to bring it up." Lin Sanjiu nodded to both. Her eyes swept past the remaining woman, who did not make any comment, "But, if you decide to join me, then I won't allow you to give up halfway."

Once she said that, the last woman interjected, "I understand that we should help each other, but why do we still have to..."

"Don't ask why!" Lin Sanjiu suddenly raised her voice. The woman was so startled that she stopped speaking. Lin Sanjiu took a deep breath and turned her attention to the prison van, which was opening. "If you want me to protect you, you must accept that condition!"

The three women didn't say a word, but Lin Sanjiu was slightly astonished by Li Tao's reaction. Li Tao scrutinized her for a few seconds and suddenly said, "I'll join."

Her voice was a little shaky, but it was clear as day.

Once the first person agreed, it was easy for the rest to follow suit. While the three other women told her their names, Lin Sanjiu nodded at Li Tao gratefully.

"What's the matter?" one of the audience members sitting in the first row of the VIP seats grumbled disgruntledly. As his voice escaped from the speaker of his helmet, it had a buzzing quality, "What are they discussing? Why aren't they afraid?"

In previous years, by this time in the tournament, the female contestants would usually show signs of a nervous breakdown after witnessing the horrendous fates of the contestants before them. Typically, in other apocalyptic worlds, people only need the will to live and a bit of luck to withstand and survive the new pressures. Ironically, it might sometimes be easier to destroy a person's sanity through pure wickedness, driven by hedonistic pursuits, lurking within the Garden of Eden.

Perhaps it could be better described in this manner: if humans were like computers, surviving two wholly different environments would require two different 'operating systems.' Not many people possessed both systems, so the audience in the Garden of Eden was often entertained—but things were different this year. Ever since Contestant 97 whispered something to another contestant, the atmosphere in the arena suddenly changed for some reason, and it was not a welcomed change.

The person sitting beside the grumbling man kept quiet for a moment and suddenly laughed, "Yeah." His gentle and crisp voice had a way of lifting people's moods. The grumbling man looked at him but couldn't see the person's appearance because of his mask, so he just turned back to the area and immediately exclaimed, "Oh! It is a Grade 2 combatant! One of the sponsors must have spent a lot!"