137: Neapolitan Cake (3)

'If the person who took Cinderella wasn't the prince, who could it be?' This was the question in Lin Sanjiu's mind when she stepped back and hit Emma's dining table.

It took a few milliseconds before she processed the sound of rain and barking dogs. She quickly looked around, realizing where she was. The cottage was dimly lit, but Lin Sanjiu could see Red Riding Hood hiding behind Emma. The scared girl clutched her grandmother's clothes with both hands and peeked at Lin Sanjiu.

The interior of the cottage was lit with a bright light every time a bolt of lightning flashed across the sky. At that same time, the knife in Emma's hand was revealed.

Lin Sanjiu knew it was useless, but she couldn't help defending herself, "I am not a werewolf..."

However, Emma did not even look at her. Instead, she held her knife tightly with her trembling hands and shouted to the men outside, "It's here! She must be the werewolf. Please think of a way to save us!"

Lin Sanjiu sighed. She didn't even know what a werewolf should look like, and she had no way of judging who was lying. It wasn't even that hard for her to incapacitate or kill everyone; ironically, that was the reason why Lin Sanjiu did not dare to act rashly. Besides, she didn't know what the consequences in the pocket dimension were if the characters of the story died...

Through the pouring rain, Lin Sanjiu understood from the shouts of the hunters outside that they planned to rush into the house. If they came in, the situation would become even more complicated. Lin Sanjiu walked towards the side of the door and showed a bitter smile at the cautious-looking Emma and Red Riding Hood.

"I am not a werewolf, and I don't know who the real werewolf is. But I won't be far. If you are in danger, just call for help." She didn't know who exactly she should direct these words, but she pulled open the door right after she said that. One of the hunters who was leaning against the door tumbled into the cottage once Lin Sanjiu opened the door. Before the men could take out their weapons, she threw the hunter aside and dashed outside like a leopard. She knocked the men and dogs coming at her and disappeared into the rain in a few seconds.

The hunter who got up from the ground wanted to continue chasing her, but was it even possible?

The hunters ran after Lin Sanjiu, refusing to just give up. However, they couldn't even see much in a forest at night, let alone with the heavy downpour. They had no choice but to return to Emma's cottage after chasing for a short distance.

When Emma saw the hunters, she dropped the knife in her hands. The knife fell with a clunk as Emma hugged Red Riding Hood tightly. With more people around, Emma and Red Riding Hood became less frightened. After she calmed down, Emma lit the candles and quickly served the men water. She brought towels for them to dry themselves and thanked them profusely. At this point, however, the dogs were still barking. "I guess they won't calm down anytime soon," Ive muttered, and then he went out to appease the hunting dogs. While the dogs still barked now and then, the group of people had already agreed through their discussion that the woman in the weird outfit was the werewolf.

Red Riding Hood bit her lips while she watched each of the people around her carefully. Noticing that it was late, Link stood up first, "We will leave now. Please be careful."

"Yes," Emma dodged his eyes and sent the men out, "I am really grateful for your help today."

Ive's dog was still restless, but it kept quiet after he pulled on its leash. The hunters left with their dogs, and soon, their figures disappeared into the rain as if they were a few strokes of watercolor on a painting.

Emma watched as they left and closed the door. When she turned, she saw Red Riding Hood's bright black eyes looking at her. In an instant, she felt her hair stand on end.