162: The Great White Radish Harvest

The eastern skies gradually turned white as Lin Sanjiu sat cross-legged on the ground, gazing straight into the distance.

She was still sitting by last night's bonfire, though there was now a haphazard pile of rucksacks beside her. She had finished searching through those rucksacks belonging to Green Melon and the others and discovered that the items distributed to them the night before were still safely stored in the bags.

They were unknowingly captured when they were fast asleep.

Though she knew the dangers of sitting there, Lin Sanjiu didn't want to move. She couldn't wait for who or what captured B. Rabbit and the others to quickly get its hands on her, just so she could know where they went and what exactly happened.

Disappointingly, even after the skies became brightly lit, with the sun slowly crawling above her head, Lin Sanjiu didn't observe a single abnormality. Sunlight pierced through the clouds, pouring down upon the ground, adding a bit of warmth to the slightly chilly weather. She could only hear leaves rustling; pin-drop silence enveloped the world around her.

After a few more minutes, Lin Sanjiu jumped up, unable to tolerate waiting any longer. She packed her things and headed out, seeking out her enemy.

'It might not be looking for me, but nothing is stopping me from seeking it out, right?' Lin Sanjiu thought as she leaped down the slope of the first ridge—the same place where Snow disappeared. Then, she headed for the next ridge.

The unique landform seemed to have no boundary as it stretched for miles. Aside from the inconvenience it brought to travelers, there was nothing exceptional about it. After climbing up and down the numerous rows of ridges, Lin Sanjiu finally felt a bit tired. She heaved a sigh and sat down dejectedly.

"Everyone had been captured, so why not me? Bastard!" She took out a bottle of water and guzzled down gulps of water. Having nowhere to vent the stifling emotions in her heart, she suddenly kicked a piece of wreckage on the ground.

It appeared to be just a metal board, but when Lin Sanjiu kicked it, it did not budge.

"I don't believe this. I can't even do this right!"

Lin Sanjiu stood up in an inexplicable anger, determined to pit herself against the board. She gathered all her strength and delivered a second violent kick.

This wasn't because she was hot-tempered. Ever since she arrived in the Garden of Eden, she had gone through too much. She had witnessed the display of nightmarish brutality and cruelty from the residents of the Garden of Eden. She discovered Nüwa's insane determination to exterminate humans and execute her grand plan of populating the world with her new creations. But even if she set these aside, the days she spent traveling and roaming the outside world with her companions, carrying the burden of her companions' fate, worrying if they could survive for another day, was stressful enough to make a person crumble.

This was made worse when she found herself suddenly all alone again, without the support of any friends. The emotions she had forcefully repressed all this time, mixed with her uncertainty and worries, erupted all at once. After all, regardless of everything, she was just like an ordinary person.

Though her emotions were understandably normal, she had extraordinary strength. That kick of her could have overturned a heavy-duty truck. Strangely, the board-like object only wobbled a little. It was as though it had simply grown out from the ground.

"Eh? What's this?"

Lin Sanjiu felt her churning sea of tumultuous emotions finally abating. She was only left with a sense of curiosity, knowing her strength very well. The object in front of her was no longer than a meter and thicker than a fingerbreadth, yet her kick couldn't budge.