126: Lin Sanjiu the Saint

Never in a million years would Lin Sanjiu imagine that [A Twinkle in the Sky] would level up at this critical juncture. To put it more accurately, she didn't even suspect that it could level up.

After surviving for such a long time in an apocalypse world, Lin Sanjiu could vaguely understand the general nature of the abilities. All abilities, regardless of whether they were active or passive, could be classified into two types: those which had level-ups and those which didn't. For example, Physical Enhancements could level up, improving the ability holder's physical capabilities each time, whereas Extreme Temperature Adaption would not level up, so if a person with that ability was thrown into an environment of -300°C, he'd still die.

She once discussed the basis of this classification with her companions, but they couldn't come up with anything concrete. The only thing she was certain about was that the main ability of the ability holder could definitely be improved. For example, Lin Sanjiu's [Planar World] and Hai Tianqing's [The Glory of a personal trainer], etc.

As [A Twinkle in the Sky] was taken from another person and had not shown any signs that it would level up, and thus Lin Sanjiu always assumed that it would remain the same. Even if it had levels, how much further could it evolve? After all, it could already send a person flying off into the sky. If it reached the next level, would it mean that it could send someone into space?

Lin Sanjiu struggled while she stretched her arm to reach for her mouthpart weapon, which had duoluozhongs beside her. Even knowing that it was useless, she didn't want to just wait for death. The others knew how powerful the white beam from the Grade 2 combatants' mouths was; thus, they quickly activated whatever abilities they had. Even if the Grade 2 combatants had once been posthumans, which shouldn't be affected by the attacks so easily, they were still outnumbered. They fell and stumbled; one of them even misfired their white beam into a small group of duoluozhongs. When the white beam faded, the duoluozhongs in its path all became smoldering black ash spewing white smoke.

As the nine women focused their attacks on the combatants, a duoluozhong crept close to Lin Sanjiu. It exhaled a wave of smelly breath in Lin Sanjiu's face while its white hands were about to reach her neck.

For an instant, she heard multiple screams from behind her. Lin Sanjiu held onto her mouthpart weapon, with every intention to whip that disgusting face in front of her to pieces, but she couldn't summon even a bit of strength. She could only lie still while her blood froze.

Just then, a large black shadow behind her stroke with a 'whoosh.' It was like a hefty punch with a power of over ten thousand Newtons. The impact was so huge that when the duoluozhong was flung backward, it knocked down a couple of other duoluozhongs in its path.

The black shadow stopped, and Lin Sanjiu realized that it was a green snake with such a large girth that it would take more than a few people to wrap their arms around it. Even though she couldn't see the snake's head, she could see the sharp yellow thorns which covered its skin. It looked formidable.

Meanwhile, there were horrified screams from the audience. Lin Sanjiu swung her head to look behind and discovered that the large snake originated from the neck of the woman on the floor. At first glance, it was a terrifying image. It was as if a large snake had grown out from her chest cavity.

"My name is Xueqin," the woman lying on the ground said breathlessly, refusing to look at Lin Sanjiu. "I want to thank you for what you've done."

[The housewife haunted by the spirits who had gone under her kitchen knife]

Dear housewives who cook, please be careful from today onwards! Regardless of what you cut when you're cooking, be it chicken, fish, chives, or tomato, they could emerge from your body in a "battle-ready form"! But they could be surprisingly effective as weapons! Well, at least when you go to the market next time, you don't have to worry about your neighbor's wife snatching away the cheapest and freshest vegetables!