154: Chicken Pie, Fruit Juice, Bread, and Beer

The Garden of Eden's destruction took a full five days. When Lin Sanjiu and her group climbed up a mountain, they could still vaguely see the pillars of smoke rising to the sky. After a few days, the thick, steely-gray smoke permeated the entire city and even swallowed up the small area of sky above. The radioactive clouds in the sky seemed mild compared to the rolling columns of thick smoke filled with ashes and burning debris. All the buildings once under the glass globe were designed by Nüwa. When the nest overturns, no egg remains intact. Likewise, everything was destroyed.

The strong wind, accompanied by an unpleasant stench, bellowed, tossing everybody's hair. The group gazed at that spot far away, and finally, someone spoke.

"They deserved it," a girl whose name Lin Sanjiu could not remember commented. Her face was very stiff, and her tightly clenched fists were bleeding. "I'm happy that they're all dead."

Less than twenty people were traveling with Lin Sanjiu. After the multiple skirmishes with the military, they had already lost many people from their initial group of over 40. After escaping the Garden of Eden, six women decided not to follow them.

"Thank you for saving us." A girl heading with the group of six smiled sincerely, "But we decided not to travel with you. We want to stay behind and keep a lookout near the Garden of Eden."

"Why?" Lin Sanjiu was a little shocked.

"After those people in there come in contact with radiation, there would probably be some that would evolve to become posthumans, right?" The group leader replied, and her nose twitched slightly as she displayed animosity, "It doesn't make sense that they benefit from this, does it? We want to stay nearby and kill those people if we see them."

For a second, Lin Sanjiu did not know what to say. After a while, she advised, "Some of the women from the city are very pitiful. They didn't do anything bad..."

The leader nodded halfheartedly.

Following their agreement, Lin Sanjiu distributed some of the resources to them. After they camped for a night, Lin Sanjiu's group continued their journey, but unexpectedly, before they left, the group of six brought them a gift.

"Here. We know that some of the sisters want this." The leader raised her hand and threw a big sack on the ground. "What a coincidence!"

There was a person in the net. It was the Aliba, who was barely breathing. His body was covered with wounds. He evolved after the incident—he only gained his first ability, [Radiation immunity], when he was captured by the six female posthumans who had far more experience than him.

Apart from him, the group caught some men from the laboratories, but the leader kept him for herself, saying she wanted them to regret their actions.

Even though Lin Sanjiu did not feel any pity for Aliba, she somehow felt that there was something wrong when she saw a few of the women in her group accepting the bundle cheerfully. At that moment, the image of Nüwa saying, "This is human nature, after all," surfaced in her mind inexplicably.

Lin Sanjiu did not sleep well the past few nights because every time someone woke up from a nightmare, the person would pay a visit to Aliba. Aliba had his bones forcibly pulled out, and his groin had been trampled into a bloody mess... his painful cries were so terrifying that they would scare a dead person back to life.

After three days of torture and beatings, Aliba finally drew the last breath he hungered for after someone stuck her finger into his boneless limbs. That was just a few minutes before. When Lin Sanjiu saw Aliba's ragdoll-like corpse being kicked down the side of the mountain, she pursed her lips. After some time, she finally sighed deeply.