164: Let's Talk About the Next Destination Later

The size of the paper was slightly different from the standard size of papers from Lin Sanjiu's world. Other than that, there wasn't anything extraordinary about the blue piece of paper that Montesquieu held.

Lin Sanjiu was puzzled as she took the letter from Montesquieu. She kept her saber and unfolded the paper. The good thing about dealing with these sages was that she wouldn't have to worry that they would launch a sneak attack, even if her relationship with them was ambiguous.

While she unfolded the paper and read the words, Montesquieu and Aristotle crossed their two arms and waited silently for her. Their temperaments were as calm as a pool of deep water.

After some time, Lin Sanjiu suddenly gripped the paper in her hands tightly and steadied her breathing. It took some effort to calm herself down before she stored the letter. Then, she looked at the sages.

"I... I don't quite understand." Lin Sanjiu sounded hesitant when she uttered those words. She wasn't so much directing the words to the sages but muttering to herself. "What does Nüwa mean by 'it's time'?"

Nüwa wrote the letter.

Under the scorching rays of the midday sun, Nüwa's unruly, illegible handwriting looked rather faint. After scanning the letter, Lin Sanjiu realized she didn't understand the content. She had no choice but to reread the letter.

"Hello, Lin Sanjiu. Let my words represent me. Recently, the weather has been good. If you had a Geiger counter, you would have discovered that the background radiation levels had dropped by several sieverts. This is a good sign. I sent Montesquieu and Aristotle to deliver my letter because you haven't interacted much with them. I hope you can be friends with them.

"How is everything recently? I must mention this. You have left quite a few companions near the former Garden of Eden. They have caused quite a disturbance, which somewhat reminds me of the Lunar New Year Tournament. But, of course, my friend, this isn't your fault. Time will resolve all these little issues.

"It's a great day today. I am overjoyed. St. Peter and the others are also very happy. This is the first time since their creation that they can walk on this earth. Even though they don't have complete freedom now, there will be more such days in the future because it is time.

"Although I don't want to make myself out as a savior, my friend, you can read this letter thanks to me.

"I wrote this letter as a farewell. I am leaving this place now. In the future, this place will be the home to St. Peter and the others. You should know where I am heading if you still remember our conversation at the top of the tower. I hope to see you there one day."

Nothing in the world could be as incomprehensible and unintelligible as the letter she had just read.

However, it was useless to ask Montesquieu and Aristotle anything. The letter already stated everything clearly. Both Neuhumes were just waiting for Lin Sanjiu to say a word.

"Did you bring that thing with you?" Lin Sanjiu's throat felt dry.

Montesquieu nodded, looking calm and gentle. He carefully opened his cowboy-style belt pocket, took out a small piece of paper, and handed it to Lin Sanjiu.

In the last portion of Nüwa's letter, she concluded with the following sentence: "I'm leaving soon, and we might not meet in the foreseeable future. As a sign of goodwill, I'm giving you a visa as a gift. Even though I'm not a consular officer, I have obtained their ability through my research in the past ten years. Please don't stand on ceremony and kindly accept it."

When Lin Sanjiu received that feather-light piece of paper, her fingers trembled slightly. She stared blankly at the visa for a long time before finally storing it. At that moment, Montesquieu and Aristotle took a step forward as if chivalrous knights had finally spotted the right opportunity.