165: Eating Assorted Seafood Noodles Brings Hope

Lin Sanjiu was certain of what she saw. That thing did move.

The cup noodles she had taken from the Garden of Eden city, from a brand called Fruit of Knowledge, were still half full. Instantly, the cup of noodles and her fork disappeared from her hands. Lin Sanjiu leaped up and took two steps forward. She stood cautiously in front of the duoluozhong.

However, it was a cloudless night, and everything around her was shrouded in darkness, so she could barely see her surroundings. The faint light from the night sky reflected off the white radish, giving it a bluish tint. As darkness fell, she could no longer see the face of the encased duoluozhong. She could only make out its vague outline.

After a while, the shadow inside the radish stopped moving.

When there was still some light, Lin Sanjiu had already partly examined the duoluozhong's appearance. She assumed that it was dead because almost half of its face had already disintegrated, showing a huge chunk of its deformed skull.

Lin Sanjiu thought for a second and took out her [Ability Polishing Agent]. She illuminated the white radish with the silver light from her [Ability Polishing Agent] and narrowed her eyes.

"Huh?"

When she looked closer, she was so startled that she almost dropped her [Ability Polishing Agent]. Right after that, her body reacted even quicker than her brain. Lin Sanjiu grabbed the board used for digging and thrust it violently into the ground. Then, she dug out that white radish quickly.

After carefully estimating the distance, Lin Sanjiu placed her hands some distance from the shadowy figure and activated her [Mosaic Censorship]. A loud explosion was accompanied by countless flying bits of roots and slime. The humanoid shadow slipped out from the hole in the white radish and slid to the ground.

"Hey, wake up!" When she saw a glimmer of hope, her voice grew a few pitches higher due to her excitement. She rushed over to the person and dragged him out of the slime puddle. She slapped his face a few times, asking, "Are you still alive? Wake up!"

A young stranger lay in her arms. His clothes had been reduced to a few damp strips of cloth which clung to his body. His face was too small for a male, and his eyes were tightly shut. His face was covered with slime and thin strands of roots, and his chest wasn't moving. Lin Sanjiu did not know first aid; she had only seen it on TV. However, without much of a choice, she tried her best to imitate what she remembered from TV and pressed her hands down on the stranger's naked chest. She gave it a few compressions, though she honestly didn't know what she was doing.

Unexpectedly, her desperate attempts at saving him through her random chest compressions worked. The man began to stir. She felt his chest quiver slightly. Following this, the young man coughed violently. "Blergh..." the young man turned his head and vomited.

Lin Sanjiu quickly stopped and looked. The pool of vomit was surprisingly familiar. There were many strands of maggot-like thin roots wiggling on the ground. What else could it be other than the slime from the radish?

Before the young man opened his eyes fully, he was tormented by whatever was in his chest and respiratory tract. His face was red, and while he continued vomiting, he subconsciously started pulling and digging whatever was in his mouth, ears, and nose. Long strands of white roots poured out from his orifices like startled worms abandoning their nests and swam hurriedly towards the nearest white radish. The gruesome performance continued for three whole minutes.

Lin Sanjiu felt she would never be able to erase the image of those long, thin roots pouring out from the young man's nostrils from her memory. Enduring the goosebumps all over her body, she took out her saber and started slicing the things on the ground.