156: A Naming System When All Creative Juices Have Been Expended

The spilled beer seeped into the bushes and rocks. The smell of malt, alcohol, and food finally lured a black, slimy creature out from under a rock. It would look more like a fish if it weren't for the four legs that extended from its underbelly. Its entire body was covered with black scales wrapped in slime. As it crawled through the dirt-colored bushes, it easily camouflaged into the background.

It speedily avoided the beer-soaked soil and carefully crawled toward where the aroma was coming from. With a sudden 'squish,' someone drew his foot back. Half of the weird creature's body had been crushed into a bloody mess. The creature twitched for a second and stopped moving.

The male escort looked at his leg, now stained by a smelly fluid, and walked aside to clean his feet after Bai Xiaoke relentlessly commented on how disgusting it was.

This incident didn't distract the group for long. Lin Sanjiu paused then and asked again, "You mentioned that all of you came to this world together?"

The Quacker, the teenager who trapped Hui Chuyan and hid in the sky, was now surrounded by four women and could not leave. Since the women had caught him, he had already withdrawn his iron railing, and Hui Chuyan also returned to her companions' side. Hearing Lin Sanjiu's question, the short teenager rubbed his nose and said with some arrogance, "That's right! We five bros have already agreed to stay together no matter how hard it is to find a consular officer. When we met our boss, we were impressed by him. That's why we decided to move together as a group of six."

"Oh," Lin Sanjiu replied curtly, showing little interest in his boss. "Other than the boss, Yo Daddy, how many people are in this territory? "

"Didn't I say there are five of us?" the teenager answered awkwardly.

This number was way less than what Lin Sanjiu had expected. She narrowed her eyes, suspicious. "Why are so few people? How can you even call this a base? Did you manage to find a consular officer here?"

The short teenager immediately stuck out his chin. "So what if we have only a few people? Our territory is large—"

He wanted to boast about his group's outstanding abilities, but considering his opponents' prowess and the predicament, he swallowed his words. "We haven't found a consular officer. We split up daily to patrol our territory and look for a consular officer. But, recently, for some reason, fewer people suddenly seem to be around. We're also quite troubled by that."

"You've forgotten the part about you guys robbing people." Bai Xiaoke couldn't help criticizing. "With fewer people around, business is bad, right?"

The short teenager's face turned red. It took some time before he finally countered, "Ever since we came to this crappy the Garden of Eden, we haven't eaten any decent human food! Do you think those insects that look like giant rodents are suitable for human consumption? Besides, they can't even fill our stomachs. If I can snatch some food, why shouldn't I? I am just unlucky today since I got caught by you people. I admit defeat!"

He spoke with such conviction and self-righteousness that Bai Xiaoke was simply dumbfounded. The teenager was still in the prime of his youth, so he seemed unfazed even though he was in a rather prickly situation. Lin Sanjiu glanced at him and asked, "What's your name?"

"Aren't we speaking just fine? Why do you need my name?" The teenager suddenly appeared uncooperative.

"Are you going to say it?"

The teenager gave a face like he had eaten a plate of flies. "Green Melon."

"Huh?" Xueqin said.

Lin Sanjiu felt that the serious image she had created for herself had disappeared. She heard a muffled sound beside her. Someone was trying to stifle a laugh.