133: Neapolitan Cake

"You're Little Red Riding Hood?"

Even though Lin Sanjiu had an inkling about that, she couldn't help asking when she heard those words.

Just then, she suddenly found herself sitting in the flower field again.

"Huh?"

The warm rays of the sun shone down from above, there was a grassy aroma in the air, and she could hear the sound of the breeze threading through the flower field. She looked around and saw no one.

While she sat, Lin Sanjiu saw that there was a bent daisy by her feet. From the imprint in the grass, she must have been lying down previously. She knew she was still in the pocket dimension, but she couldn't figure out what had just happened. "What was that? Was I dreaming?" she mumbled to herself as she stood up.

The forest where she met Little Red Riding Hood was quite some distance from where she was. She strained her eyes and looked at the forest, but she did not see anyone. It seemed as if she just had a dream about that lively, bubbly red girl with a red hooded cape.

Lin Sanjiu didn't know if dreaming in this pocket dimension had some sort of implication, but she knew she wasn't sleeping just now...

She massaged her temples but still couldn't make sense of the supposed dream she had. Meanwhile, she felt another sense of urgency. As she did not have a watch on her, and knowing that a pocket dimension doesn't follow the logical flow of time, she didn't know how long she had been in here. That is, on top of the fact that she just "woke up from a dream." When she thought about the other women fighting out there, Lin Sanjiu took a sharp breath to calm herself down and control her feeling of helplessness. Next, she just chose a direction and started walking.

In any case, the objective of the pocket dimension was definitely beyond just making her have unexplainable dreams. The only strategy Lin Sanjiu had was to try to find some sort of clue or hint...

"Are you lost?"

Lin Sanjiu was a little startled when she heard a sweet, tender female voice. Lin Sanjiu took a few steps back, and although she appeared expressionless, the shock she received was beyond description. Though Lin Sanjiu did not gain any levels for her physical enhancements, as a Growth type, her five senses and agility were gradually but constantly improving. That meant that her physical capabilities were far superior to any normal human. A normal person couldn't sneak up on her.

Yet, the teenage girl in front of her definitely wasn't a posthuman.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I mean you harm," the teenage girl said apologetically when she noticed that she might have startled Lin Sanjiu.

Lin Sanjiu composed herself and looked at the teenage girl before her. The girl looked about sixteen and had a head of golden blond hair that shimmered under the blue sky as if it would melt into the sun's rays. Though the girl was beautiful, there was a dust of plaster on her skin, and she was carrying a basket of clothes. The girl was wearing a dusty old dress. Its design was absolutely unsuitable for a girl her age as it did not even have a waist seam.

The girl sensed Lin Sanjiu's judging eyes and quickly lowered her head as if slightly embarrassed. She pulled her dress and tried to hide her pair of dirty old shoes from Lin Sanjiu's sight.

'This... must be a character in this pocket dimension?' Lin Sanjiu thought to herself. This was the only reason that could explain how the girl could get close without her noticing. "I'm Lin Sanjiu, and I'm indeed lost... Could you tell me where I am?" Lin Sanjiu smiled faintly, but she did not let down her guard. Instead, she poised herself for any sudden movement by the teenager.