157: A Popup Surprise from the Soil

Lin Sanjiu looked up in shock at the figure of a person standing on the second floor of the building nearby. Seeing the person's large, fluffy beard, she sighed in relief.

During that confusion, she couldn't hear that person clearly but found the voice very familiar, so she was surprised. However, when she looked properly, she saw a man packed with bulky muscles and popping veins from head to toe. Staring at her with his large, fierce eyes, he looked like an outlaw who had just walked out from Water Margin.

"You ladies down below, let my bro go!" the burly man roared.

Since they viewed them as enemies, Lin Sanjiu's expression turned cold, and she grabbed the back of Green Melon's neck, pulled him from the ground, and lifted him directly. Even though Green Melon was almost the same height as Lin Sanjiu, she suddenly strangled him. He couldn't breathe as his feet dangled above the ground.

At the same time, the ground gradually stopped shaking. Hui Chuyan quickly rushed toward Lin Sanjiu. Meanwhile, another head peeked from the second floor. It was an average young man with a forgettable appearance. He observed the situation and spoke carefully, "Let Little Melon go, and we will return the three people to you."

From the sound of his voice, he was the first person to respond previously, Error 517.

"You need to prove to me that they're still alive first," Lin Sanjiu said icily.

Considering the circumstances, her companions were buried alive; if so, how long more could they last underground? Lin Sanjiu didn't dare to waste a single second.

Despite his beefy image, the muscular man was clever. He spat, "Do you think we're idiots? What can we do if you stab Little Melon to death once your companions are free?"

'That means they are still in the same place.' Hui Chuyan instantly caught this detail; she exchanged glances with Lin Sanjiu and gasped quietly. She ran to where the people had fallen and started to dig as if her life depended on it. With her posthuman strength, a large hole appeared in a few minutes. However, no matter how deep the hole was, she didn't see a single strand of hair.

"It's useless... Unless Brother Little Snow lets them go, you guys won't be able to dig them out," Green Melon said with a hoarse voice once he managed to snatch a breath.

'Little Snow, is that the bearded man?' Lin Sanjiu thought.

"If you expect me to let him go first, that will never happen," Lin Sanjiu calmed herself down and looked up, shouting, "Come down! We'll exchange our hostages at the same time!"

This was something that both sides could reluctantly compromise on. Error 517 and Little Snow exchanged looks and finally walked down from the building. When both men were over ten meters away from the women, they stopped.

"When you let my brother walk to that stone, I will break the ground and release your people." Upon a closer look, the burly, bearded man looked even larger. He stood like a tower, casting a huge shadow. "This should be fair enough!"

"Chuyan, keep your eyes on the ground," Lin Sanjiu ordered while she stared hard at the two men before her, "I will let the teenager go now, so you can go get our companions from the ground."

After she said that, she pushed Green Melon forward. He staggered, finally regaining his freedom. As he sprinted away from them with large strides, Hui Chuyan yelled to Lin Sanjiu, "Ah, the ground opened!"

Lin Sanjiu felt a large burden off her shoulders, but she did not dare to lower her guard. She held the card tightly and slowly retreated a few steps backward. She saw the same three holes as before. When the man released the hostages from the ground, there was certainly less ground activity. The black soil and rotten vegetation shifted downward, revealing three heads.