170: The World Called the Garden of Eden

"So, this really is the Garden of Eden!" Lin Sanjiu uttered as every inch of her body trembled while she looked at her surroundings.

Due to the overwhelming shock, she looked around with a lifeless glaze in her eyes. She was in a daze. Unknowingly, a gigantic object approached her from behind, casting an enormous shadow over her. Sensing the peculiar presence, she turned behind and couldn't help but curse softly.

"What the hell?"

Just half an hour ago, Lin Sanjiu was still sitting in the capsule, helplessly drifting along. She was right about the tree roots converging. As the flow speed of the fluid within the roots sped up, the currents within the roots grew stronger. She saw batch after batch of black figures being transported to the 'river' she was in. Not long after, her capsule was surrounded by a variety of corpses. Waves after waves of fluid, carrying various dead corpses, hit her capsule, causing it to spin uncontrollably. For a moment, Lin Sanjiu felt dizzy. She couldn't see anything clearly. She could only feel the flow of the fluid accelerating downward.

As objects rammed violently against her capsule due to the strong waves, some components in her capsules were loosened. As the capsule spun and whirled 360 degrees, the components fell off and were tossed within the capsule, hitting the walls noisily and almost disfiguring Lin Sanjiu a couple of times.

Considering the hectic situation, Lin Sanjiu didn't have time to protect herself. She only realized that her capsule was under attack after a minute had passed. As the capsule was designed to imprison female posthumans, it was impossible to open the capsule from the inside. On the other hand, damaging it from the outside wasn't that difficult. When the alarm bells head started ringing in her head, an indistinct silhouette of a man broke through the fluid and slammed the door of the capsule violently again. The hinge of the door started vibrating.

Shocked, Lin Sanjiu attempted to pull the door back, but there was nothing in the capsule to provide support. Just as she spat out a stream of expletives, she saw the black figure dashing toward her again. This time, he managed to grab the door handle and started shaking the door vigorously.

This time, she managed to get a better view. The person outside was a well-built man, and his clothes were in tatters. There were wounds all over his pale skin. Only the mask on his face was undamaged. A pair of long, thin eyes stared at Lin Sanjiu through the mask.

'This person wants to come in!'

Lin Sanjiu finally understood. Anything caught by these strange tree roots could only survive using their physical advantages, their abilities, or their special items. Nonetheless, no matter what methods they used, they were still tortured badly by the corrosive slime and the thin roots. Most of the people were simply unable to survive this and had long become the many wreaked corpses around her.

Under such circumstances, anyone would covet a small boat-like capsule that could fully protect its passenger. The man outside must have reached his limits. He could see that there was no way Lin Sanjiu could hold back the door. Thus, he kicked and trampled the door with all his might as if he had decided to take her down with him if he couldn't get in.

After several attacks, the capsule vibrated so violently that Lin Sanjiu felt that her capsule would fall apart at any moment. Her anger flared, and she quickly drew her saber, planning to stab the man once the door opened. When the man suddenly noticed the saber pointing toward the door, he stopped. He looked at the saber and then at the door.

"You bastard! If you enter, I'm going to thrust this saber into your body!" Even though she knew that the man couldn't hear her from outside, Lin Sanjiu yelled out. "Know your place and scram!"