chapter two

"Well?" Clare asked, snapping her fingers in front of my face.
I snapped my eyes back to her.
"Were you even listening?" She asked, her hands on her hips.
I debating lying to her, but I knew she would know the moment I did.
"No, I'm sorry, I had something on my mind," I said.

She sighed and sat down across from me.
"Come on, talk to me," she said.
I shook my head and looked away from her.
"It's nothing," I said.

Clare chuckled.
"Angie, talk to me. Don't make me bring out the tickle monster," Clare said.

I looked back at her, my eyes wide.
"You wouldn't," I said.
She smiled and leaped out of her seat before I could even move.

She landed on me with a thud and her fingers found their way to my sides.

I struggled as she tickled me, laughter trying to fight it's way out of my mouth.
"Still don't want to tell me do you? Oh well I guess I have to resort to desperate measures," she laughed.
I caught a glimpse of her mouth open and then the next thing I knew, she licked the side of my face.

"EWWWW!" I cried and wiggled out from under her, falling and landing on the floor with a thud.
"No more! No more!" I begged, wiping at my face.

Clare laughed, sitting up on the bed.
"Tell me," she said.
I sighed and looked away from her.
"Clare?" I asked her.
"Yes?" She asked, sliding off th bed and sitting cross legged on the floor across from me.
"What was it like meeting Richard?" I asked.
She pursed her lips and smiled.
"It was the best thing that ever happened to me, angie. We loved each other from the moment," she said, looking away but still smiling.

"What....what if he doesn't want me?" I asked quietly.
Seconds passed before I found myself in Clare's arms.

"Dont think that way. He's going to love you," she said.
"And what if he doesn't?" I asked, shocked to find my eyes watering. I hadn't cried in a long time.
"If he doesn't, I'm going to beat his head in," she said, her eyes going black.
I laughed and she laughed with me.

"I have to go....but I'm right next door if you need me," Clare said, disentangling herself from me. I nodded and watched as she left my room, the door shutting softly behind her.

I sighed and climbed onto my bed, curling up. I was glad school was out for break, because I couldn't stand being there. Omega was not a welcoming position. Especiay in the silver falls pack.
I closed my eyes and fought back tears when I thought about yesterday.

I had left home and went to school. It was my last day of hell. I thought that if anything happened, none of it would matter because I wouldn't see their faces again. I was wrong.

[Flashback]

"Lighten up a little, angie. Think of it this way, you don't have to see none of their ugly shitty faces for...a month," Clare said as she bit into her Apple.
She was right.
I would get a break from them and maybe...just maybe...they would forget about me when school started back.

Before I could open my mouth, I felt someone standing behind me. Not just anyone though, I could feel the power radiating off of him and suddenly I had the urge to throw up.

Clare lowered her gaze to the table, trying to avoid his gaze.

"You think you're off the hook don't you? Just because you get to run home and hide in your room?" He whispered in my ear.
The cafeteria was completely silent. All except for the few whispers that fluttered about the room.

He placed his strong rough hands on my shoulders and yanked.
My chair collapsed and I fell back, hitting the floor with a thud.
The cafeteria erupted into laughter.
My eyes searched crazily for Clare and found her face to face with him.

James algo Ryder. My brothers best friend and the highly respected beta of the pack.

"You put your hands on her and you'll regret it," Clare snapped, her eyes black as night.
My heart stopped. She was standing up for me?
What the hell was she thinking?
He narrowed his eyes and smiled evily.

"Is that a threat Mrs. Baker?" He growled.
Please let her say no, I begged the goddess.
"Oh no honey trust me, it's a promise," Clare growled.

Before she could even react, he slapped her across the face. The impact, sent her crashing into the table. Not even glancing her way, he stalked towards me.

I shoved myself to my hands and knees, crawling a bit away from him before I started getting to my feet.
"Going somewhere?" He growled out as he grabbed my ankle and yanked, making me fall on my face.
I turned over, hissing when he twisted my ankle in his hand.

"Awww, did that hurt? I'm sorry," he laughed before he kicked me.

[ end of flashback]

I didnt want to think about the rat of what happened. I was too scared I would start to cry. He had beaten me until I was black and blue. In front of the whole school...but no one did anything. And when I was too broken to even stand, he went after Clare. I couldn't even think about what he did to her. And yet she had come to see me today. she had come to make sure I was okay.

"Its not your fault, angie. It's my fault. I made my decision. I took a stand and I don't blame you because of what my actions caused, besides. How can I be mad at you on your birthday" Clare had said.

She was three years older than me. She was wiser too...I would never be able to thank her.

"Angelina!" Astion called from downstairs.
I froze, fear starting to eat at me.
"Get your shitty ass down here and clean up this mess!" He shouted.
I released the breath I hadn't even known I was holding, and made my way downstairs.

***

This chapters short but I couldn't think of how to fit all the details I needed into this chapter. So I put it in the next chapter.
The next chapter will probably be equally as short but hopefully better.
Please comment or something.
I don't bite. Honestly I don't. I'm a gentle soul :)

The picture at the top is Clare.