chapter sixteen

{Angelina}

I sat there, smiling as I watched Jake's eyes open. He blinked, taking in my face before he yawned.
"Good morning beautiful," he said.
"Good morning handsome," i said, bending and planting a sweet short kiss on his lips. He groaned and pushed me away.

"Tease," he said as he rolled out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. I watched silently as the door shut behind him. I sighed and fell back onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

I kept replaying yesterday's events over and over again in my head. I couldn't get James out of my head. The way he had acted like he didn't even recognize me and the way he just left with that...with that

Slut? My wolf finished for me.

Yes! I swear I just wanted to jump off that stage and-
Get a grip of yourself. Do you hear what you're saying? Do you hear house you sound? My wolf snapped.

I sat there for a moment, going over what I had been thinking. Oh my god. I sounded like a jealous girlfriend. Goddess forbid. I looked towards the bathroom door and sighed. I couldn't take it. I loved Jake but I was jealous when James was with that slut. What was wrong with me?

You never accepted the rejection my wolf stated after a moment of silence.

Oh my Goddess she's right. I ran away but I never accepted it. That was it. that was the solution. I would go to James and accept the rejection...soon.

Coward my wolf said, but blocked me before I could retaliate. The bathroom door opened and out walked Jake, a towel wrapped around his lower waist.

"Hey handsome," I said, winking at him. He blushed and looked down.
"Training starts today. don't forget. Plus, you've been added to the patrol team. You start at.....well...now," Jake said.

My eyes shot to the clock on the wall. Now? NOW? seriously?

--------------

I ran nervously through he woods, hoping I wasn't really late. Maybe Jake was messing with me.
I nearly stopped when I saw a group of wolves waiting for e by the boundary line.

I stuck my head up high and raced up to them. slowing when I got real close. I got smacked in the face by my mates wonderful scent, but I ignored it and turned my eyes towards Astion

His wolf was a light gray with a mix of white, His eyes a deep silver. I knew my eyes would never really be silver again, but I was okay with that. In human form they were blue, but in wolf form they were red. Because I was a member of the red shadow pack.

Astion glared at me but I didn't care.
You are late he said.
I nodded.

You're probably wondering how he can mindlink with me. Well...no one really knows how that works. We just know that we can do it, when we are close to them, or in their territory. Otherwise, we cant. Strange I know but I don't make the rules.

Don't let It happen again he said. As if he was MY alpha.
Funny I'm pretty sure I left your retard pack I snapped, almost feeling guilty when I saw hurt flash in his eyes. Key word: almost.

This is how it goes, split up. There's an even amount of us here. Half goes one way, half goes the other. Run around the line, if you detect a scent unknown to you, pin it down and get me I ordered. They all nodded, clearly not liking taking orders from me.

I nodded and started off in one direction, leaving the splitting up to Astion.

Soon enough, I felt the presence of the others behind me. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw one black wolf, a dark red wolf and a dark brown wolf on my tail. Honestly I had no clue who they were.

We were almost to the end of the pack territory when I heard a howl break out. My wolf dug it's nails into the ground, turning so suddenly, that the other wolves had to leap out of the way.

I ran back towards the other half of the patrol team, using my back legs for speed. When I saw them, I slowdd, coming right up behind James. He was in his wolf form, a large honey colored wolf. Almost as large as me. Suddenly I wondered why I was so large. Eh, who cares.

What? I asked James.
James out his nose to the ground again and growled.
Rogue. This isn't a scent from our pack, or yours. It leaves our territory and goes out there James growled.

I put my big nose to the ground and sniffed, a growl rumbling through me. I dug my back claws into the dirt and shoved off, taking off after the scent. The moment I stepped outside of the silver falls territory, my connection to them snapped and all I could hear were their howls.

I ripped through the woods, patches of grass and dirt flying out from underneath me. I knew something was wrong, I shouldn't be doing this. This was not protocol. I should be mind-linking Jake. Or Eli at the least. What was I doing?

As the scent grew stronger, something happened to my wolf. I couldn't control her. I felt like I was inside of a car. One moment I had the wheel in my hands and then the next...it slipped.

{James}

I growled in anger, glaring at the others as I watched Angelina disappear into the woods. I wanted to go after her, but I was bound by the pack. Without permission from the alpha I could not simply run outside of the territory. That would make me rogue.

I knew wolves like that...or had known them. Now they were empty shells of who they once were. When you were labeled rogue, no pack wanted you and without your mate...Without your pack, you are nothing. You rot away in the inside until there is nothing left.

It felt like an eternity passed, but she didn't come back. I looked at the others, who looked bored. I swear I saw Astions eyes watering but it was too hard to tell for sure.

We must go Astion finally said.
My wolf growled, shocking the others.
Go? GO?? We must stay. What if she needs help? I asked.
She is not a member of our pack. she is no kin to us, who cares? Astion said before he turned and started off, the others following behind him. No. No. This wasn't right. We can't just leave her.

Go my wolf said but I refused to move. Rogue was a serious offense. I would never be accepted into any pack if I left.
I looked over my shoulder to see Astion sitting there, the others long gone.

I said we must go Astion growled.
Why would you leave your own sister? I snapped.
She left me Astion growled, his wolf looking irritated and angry. Red lights went up but my wolf was angry and took a hold of me.

We must go help I ordered.
Astion looked taken back when his paws nearly moved at my command. What the hell?

Suddenly, Astion's face bunched up and he barred his teeth.
You think you can order me around and I'll move at your beck and call! Bow down to me!!! Astion roared in my head.

The command vibrated through me and I felt my legs buckle. I fell, bowing my head against my will. Astion chuckled in my head, his anger evident.

My wolf begged me to get up but I couldn't. His command was too strong.
We are going to go and you are not going to complain Astion ordered.
He turned and started walking away. I got to my feet, and against my will, I started to follow Astion.
My wolf fought for control, twisting and turning inside until finally, it broke free.

My legs buckled of their own accord and I fell. Astion looked back, his eyes narrowed. I did the only thing I could think of.
I lifted my face to the sky and howled.

***
Astions wolf at the top