chapter fourteen

"Ill kill him," Jake growled angrily as he paced the length of the room. I had waited until now to tell him about what James had done, wanting to be alone in the room with him when he got angry. Jake wouldn't hurt me.

"Jake, calm down," I said.
"Calm down? He put his hands on my Angel. My sweetheart. He put his hand one what is MINE," Jake growled as he grabbed me and yanked me into him.

He crushed his lips to mine, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I know we basically just got together and I have monright to feel this way after the way I treated you for three years...but I love you, Angelina. I love you. I don't want to lose you," Jake said, his voice cracking.

"Shhh...you're not going to lose me," I told him as he out his face in th crook of my neck and inhaled.

"Youre sexy when you get over protective," I said, kissing his neck. He sighed and pulled back.
"I don't want this to end....I love you," he said again, looking me right in the eyes.

I smiled and my eyes softened.
"I love you too baby," I said. His hand snaked around my side and grabbed my butt, lifting me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he backed us up, falling into his back on the bed.

"Do you really?" He asked.
I nodded, rising up so I could see his face better.
His eyes brightened before he pulled me back down and crushed his lips to mine.

The door bust open and in walked Madison. She was smiling up until she saw Jake and I on the bed. Then she placed her hands on her hips and shook her head.

"We are due at a party in two hours and you guys are in here making out? Grow up. there are more important things in life. Like parties. Come on, we have to find you something nice, angie," she said.

"I already have something nice, and it includes my leather jacket," I said.
Madison rolled her eyes.
"Then at least let me do hair and make up. So you look somewhat presentable," she pleaded.
I sighed and nodded, untangling myself from Jake and following her out the door and down the hall.

"I think this is unnecessary," I said as I followed her into her room. Carson sighed, rolling over onto his side.

"Whats this?" Carson asked.
"Make up time," Madison said as she picked up her brush off the dresser and nodded towards the chair in front of the vanity.

I sat down and she came up behind me and sighed. I watched her eyes water in the mirror and I cocked my head to the side.
"Youre gonna look so beautiful," she pouted.
--------------------

{James}

I licked my way down Diana's neck, my hands pulling her closer to me. I could hear astion talking about how wonderful the pack was and all the normal stuff. I wanted it to end so I could have my way with Diana, he did this at every party.
Maybe I could skip out.

I was just starting to rise when something caught my attention. something Astion had said.
Council?
I turned fully, facing the stage.

"You all know of the rogue attacks. it's getting hard to fend for ourselves. harder and harder to defend our homes. The death of Lucie...was too much to handle. I couldn't risk anymore deaths. I contacted the council and informed them of what was happening. They gave me a number and I called that number," Astion said.

"And I picked up," a voice said.
We all turned to see a man dressed in a black tux, walk through the crowd and up onto the stage.
I watched suspciously as the man stopped beside Astion.

"I was great friends with your alphas great great grandfather. We used to run together. My territory, is just beyond the mountains and stretches for miles and miles. Your alpha called me for help and I responded. I sent my best fighters here and I was reported back to last night.
A rogue was spotted by my best, just outside of your territory. My members were sent here to protect and help you and I was told you treated them wrongly," the man said.

My eyes moved to the edge of the stage and I watched as seven people walked up onto the stage, each of them one of. the new students that had attended school just this morning.

The man stepped behind each one as he introduced them.
I listened carefully, but my eyes were on the girl at the very end. Her long flowing black hair was so beautiful. I just wanted to run my hands through it. I wanted to hold her. What was wrong with me.

My wolf stirred angrily inside and I ignored it. something wasn't right about this girl. Something was up.

I listened to the man tell us about each person, urging him silently to get to the girl. Her blue eyes met mine and my wolf shot up, scratching at my insides. I shoved him down. what the hell was wrong with him?

The man stopped behind the last girl and smiled, placing a hand on each shoulder.
"I saved her for last. This here...this is my best fighter. She came to me three years ago, scared and afraid, with little knowledge of what she could do and what she was capable of.

I took her in and I treated her like my daughter and for those three years, I taught her how to fight and she never disappointed. She had a will so strong...I had never seen it before.

I feel like she's my daughter....I think of her as my daughter and I would do anything for her. Her name....is Angelina sky falls and my name is alpha bane, alpha of the red shadow pack."

****

Diana at the top