chapter four

{James}

I sighed as I sat down, making myself as comfortable as I could get.
"Hey, algo, wanna try?" Connor asked.
I shook my head.
Drugs wasn't my kind of thing...but cards were.
"Whos up for a game?" I asked.
Jacob, Ethan and Tyler turned my way, big smiles on their faces. They plopped down around the table on front of me.

"Three hundreds to start?" I asked, putting three hundred dollar bills in the middle of the table. The others followed after me.

I handed the cards to Ethan and let him deal the cards.
Today Connor was holding the annual end of school year/summer/mate celebration. He didn't like to hold it, but his parents were big on kissing ass with the alpha and the alpha liked to party. A lot.

Believe it or not, the alpha decided to stay in tonight.
So I was his fill in, which wasn't much of a big deal for me. I liked hanging out with the guys.
Especially when I always won their money.

I only had three close friends.
Ethan was raised with me.
We grew up close together, just like brothers.
I met Jacob my third year being being here and Tyler just happened to hang all over him.

"Give us a chance this time," Tyler whined and I pursed my lips.
Maybe. No. I needed the money this time.
I nodded, smiling.

Just when I was about to pick up my cards, I was hit with the most amazing scent.
I fought the urge to jump up and follow it.
No. I didn't need my mate. Not now when everything was getting good!!
It got stronger and I just knew my mate was in the same room as me.

Oh my god, look up my wolf begged. but I didn't. I wasn't going to be drawn in by this...this-
Perfection my wolf purred. He purred. oh my god.

I heard Conner shout something and inhaled as the scent grew stronger and stronger.
She was in front of me.

Taking a deep breath, I raised my eyes to her.

Mate! My wolf cried at the same time I thought
Omega.

My mates the damn omega.

She's so beautiful my wolf whined.
I blocked him out and stood.
"You? The moon goddess send me you? A stupid no good shitty ass omega? And here I thought having alpha blood in me would get me someone good. Wow," I chuckled.

"Listen sweetheart, I'm in the middle of a game here so...let's get this over with," I said, stepping around the table.
Ignoring her beautiful silver eyes,
And the loud pounding of my heart, I smiled.

"I James algo Ryder, reject you Angelina sky falls".
There was a fraction of a second pause before my friends started laughing. Even Connor laughed.
I tried too, but quickly gave up.
I couldn't let her know I cared.

She stepped forward, shocking me.
"You think you can make me cry by rejecting me? Read my lips and read them good. I could care less," she said.

She turned and ran, but I didn't follow her. I felt my insides hollow out...I felt like I was missing a part of me. I just wanted to break down and cry.

I left the room, ignoring the looks from my friends.
I searched around and finally found the bathroom.

I pushed open the door and walked towards the sink.
Halfway there, something tore inside my stomach and I cried out, falling to my knees.

My wolf broke through the block, growling and snapping at me In anger.
She's shifting for the first time. We're supposed to be there!! You idiot my wolf snapped.

I forced him back and blocked him, trying to shake the pain off of me. No. I wasn't going to indulge her. for all I know, she could be playing me.

No. I wasn't falling for her tricks.
The alpha would not like me with his sister. Especially an omega.
Why would the moon goddess be so evil?

Besides, I had girl friends. I didn't need her. I pushed myself to my feet, ignoring the pain tearing through me.

{Angelina}

"She's waking up," a female voice said.
"Yeah, no dip. Go get the alpha. He's going to want in on this," a strong make voice said.
I groaned and opened one eye, taking in my surroundings.

I was in a holding cell.
One that was almost identical to the one that Astion had built in the basement.

"Hey!" A voice snapped.
I looked up to see a man standing outside of my cell with his arms crossed over his chest.
I met his eyes and instantly regretted it.

This guy was a beta, just like James. Except the power radiating off of him was beyond belief.

"I wanna know why you're here. Did someone send you!" The man growled. His upper lip pulled back, revealing his deadly white canines.
I inhaled sharply, my heart racing.

"Eli," a stern voice said.
The man straightened, his eyes snapped to a shadow that was on the other side of the room.
"Alpha," the man said, nodding his head.

The shadow moved and stepped right in front of my cell.
The only thing I noticed was his eyes.
Red.

"Whats your name?" He asked.
I debated answering. I could stay silent. I could act mute...but what good would that do me?

"Angelina," I whispered.

"Angelina what?" The man snapped, irritation in his voice.

"Angelina sky falls," I said.

The man nodded and crossed his arms over his chest.
"What were you doing crossing into our territory?" The man asked.
I shrugged.
"Running I guess...trying to get-"
"Running from what?" The man interrupted.

I looked him straight in the eyes when I said it, "my mate".

{Unknown}

I sighed angrily as I made my way through the long halls of the lock up. ignoring the filthy creatures that looked at me. Some begged me to let them go, some just snapped and snarled. Animals.

I turned and yanked open the door that lead to the basement. I walked down the steps and stopped in the doorway.
"Eli," I said.

My beta straightened and looked my way.
"Alpha," he said.
I nodded and walked towards the cell that held the rogue woman.

She didn't look like the others and definitely didn't smell like they did.
"Whats your name?" I asked.
She sat still for a moment, debating if she should answer.
I took in the multiple chains holding her down and mentally cursed. She had to be in a lot of pain.

My men had said that she had been going through her first shift when they found her. Poor kid...where was her mate?

"Angelina," she whispered.

"Angelina what?" I snapped.

"Angelina sky falls," she said.
I pursed my lips.
So.. the daughter of alpha Ryan.
What was she doin so far from home?

I crossed my arms over my chest.
"What were you doing crossing into our territory?" I asked.
"Running, trying to get-"she said.
"Running from what?" I asked.
she had said something else but I hadn't really given her a chance to say it.

She raised her eyes to meet mine.
"My mate," she said.
I took in her face and nodded.
That was all I needed to know. I snapped my fingers at my beta and he yanked open the door.
I was about to leave when the girls voice stopped me.

"Where am I?" She asked.
I looked at her and then to my beta.
after a quick debate, " the red shadow pack" I said and sat back to watch her reaction.

***

Hi.
Wattpads being a little screwy for me. It keeps glitching and deleting stuff. I'm hoping it stops.
Anyway, tell me what you think. Please.

The picture at the top is alpha bane ceader. I think I got his name right. You'll see more of him on the next chapter