chapter twenty-six

{Angelina}

I stared at the bars that held me captive and sighed. I wish Jason was here, at least he didn't stare and smile at us evil, I thought as I glanced at the New guard out of the corner of my eyes.

I couldn't really make out any of much in the darkness except for his icy blue eyes and his pearl white smile.

"I'm sorry" Jake whispered from his cell. If I hadn't been facing him, I never would have heard him, even with my good hearing.

"If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't know you were hear. They wouldn't know you were alive. I'm so sorry," Jake sobbed.

The guard shuffled uncomfortably and I sighed as I scooted closer to the bars.
"Jake, I love you," I said.
Jake raised his eyes from the cell floor and looked into mine.
Despite the redness around his eyes, he still looked as handsome as ever.

"Even after I did this?" Jake asked.
"None of this is your fault and I am sure you have a good explanation," I said, hoping I wasn't wrong. Jake smiled and I watched as the sadness melted from his face slowly.

Justin snorted and I turned my head to look at him.
"Hes a traitor, Angelina. They betray you once, they sure as hell will do it again," Justin snapped.

Before I could say anything, the door opened and Jason walked in.
"Youre being relieved," Jason said.
The guard didn't ask twice, he turned and left the room. shutting the door behind him.

Moments passed before Jason walked to my cell and slid a key in. turning the lock as quietly as possible.
The gear clinked and the cell door slid open.

"What are you-"
"Shhh. The guard didn't go far and it won't take long for him to tell the alpha," Jason said as he unlocked Jake and Justin's cell too.

"Why?" I asked.
Jason sighed and looked to the ground.
"I took the position I have in hopes of working with one of the best alphas ever. Yet I have come to realize in fact, that Astion is only a corrupt alpha and the council should know this," Jason said.

I smiled and hugged Jason as tightly as I could.
"Run. Just keep running and please don't look back," Jason whispered in my ear.

I nodded and ran to the door, pulling it open silently. I looked both ways before I took off as fast as I could. Justin and jake right behind me.

{Jason}

I sighed as I stared at the empty cages. My life was ruined. I knew it the moment I sensed the alpha coming my way.

I should have ran with Angelina and the other two, but it was too late to run now. I had to face the alpha and I knew what the punishment would be.

The door flew open and I jumped, my eyes connecting with the alphas.
"Jason?" He growled, his eyes taking in the empty cells.
"What have you done?" He growled, storming forward.

I had only a second to prepare before he grabbed me by the throat and slammed me against the wall.
I could feel his wolf pushing my wolf down and daring me to fight back.

I couldn't help it.
My hand turned to claws and I swung low, slicing him across the stomach. He growled, loosening his hold on me.
I slammed my forehead into his and he stumbled backwards.

Taking advantage of his weakened state, I kicked him in his wound, making him cry out in pain.
I grabbed his head, preparing for the twist that would end his life.

The click of a glock made me freeze.
I raised my eyes to stare into the cold hard ones of alpha bane. In his hands was a silver and gold glock 45. I could smell the silver bullets from where I stood.