chapter fifteen

{James}

I stared at the girl I now had a name to. I stared at her face and rolled her name around in my mouth. It tasted familiar. It seemed familiar.

It hit me probably at the exact same time it hit everyone else.
Astion moved from his spot next to his mate, anger radiating off of him.

"How dare you! How dare you come into territory and bring up sealed wounds! We are already grieving for a dead pack member we do not need reminders of another," Astion growled.

The girl chuckled and everyone's eyes went to her. She didn't have a microphone in her hand. but you could hear her just as well.

"Dead? You think I'm dead? You piece of shit," she growled, her eyes going red.

My wolf wanted to go to her and comfort her, but I controlled that urge. My mate was alive. I should be rejoicing. I should be happy and on my knees begging for her forgiveness. Instead, I stayed where I was.

Her eyes found mine and I stared back, trying to act as though I didn't remember her at all. I saw something flash in her eyes but chose to ignore it.

"Come on, let's get out of here," I said to Diana, kissing her cheek. She smiled and stood, holding out her hand. I took it, stood and let her lead me out back towards our cars.

{Angelina}

I watched angrily as James and the slut left. how dare he act like he didn't know me? Who does he think he is?

He is nothing my wolf said.
I slightly nodded in agreement.

"I want you guys gone. We can handle it yourself," Astion said, trying to stand tall.
I stepped forward, ignoring alpha bane's looks.

"Handle it yourself? Fine. Let me tell you what you're getting into. The rogue I saw outside of your territory is no ordinary rogue. Rogues are no bigger than an average wolf. Easy take down. Sometimes if there is more than one, they have the upper hand against one or two untrained werewolves. This rogue as bigger than two of your pack members put together and that is saying something. I remember how you guys train and your training is nothing compared to ours. You don't have the will or the strength to. Take down even one rogue if they are as strong as i think they are and trust me "brother" there is more than just one rogue," I said.

Not waiting for a reaction, I turned and made my way off the stage, the others following me. I could feel the pride radiating off of alpha bane. I was stepping up, standing up for myself and he took part in helping me do that. He had to be proud.

"Wait!"

We all turned to see Astion running towards us.
"I'm sorry. Don't leave," he said. I wanted to tell him to go to hell but I could see the desperation in his eyes.

"What would you do to make us stay?" Jake asked, taking advantage of the situation.
Astion sighed.
"Name it," he said.

Jake pursed his lips.
"I want one thing and one thing only," he said.

"And what is that?" Astion asked.
I sighed, knowing exactly what it was.
"Order that thing of yours to stay away from what mine," Jake snapped before he turned and stalked away. Alpha bane smiled and followed after his son. I looked over Astion before I turned and followed after the others.

--------------

{Astion}

I sighed as I slammed into the house, shutting the door loudly behind me.
I could hear moaning coming from upstairs and I sighed again, stomping my way up. I thought that if I made so much noise, he would stop and get decent. No luck there.

I pushed open James's door and sure enough, there he was on top of Diana. Disgusting.

"Get up, come on," I ordered. James stiffened before he glanced over his shoulder.
"Cant you see I'm doing something-"
"NOW!" I demanded.
I felt the weight of the alpha command and turned, leaving James to get decent.
Five minutes later, James came walking down the stairs buttoning up his pants.

"Why didn't you tell me she was tie mate?" I growled.
"Who? Diana? Oh well I thought-"
"NO ASSHOLE MY SISTER!" I roared.
James shrank back, bowing his head.

"I-I didn't think it was that big of a deal. After she died I didn't see a reason to say anything," James stuttered.
I pinched the bridge of my nose.
"Stay away from her," I said calmly. friend to friend.

"Stay away from her? We have the same-"

"STAY AWAY FROM HER!" I growled. James nodded and bowed his head, showing he wasn't a threat and that he would obey me.
"We need that pack. something is happening out there and without them, we are kibble. Mate or not, stay away from her. I am warning you, James. you disobey me and I will kill you," I said between my teeth before I left, slamming the door behind me.

-----------------

{James}

Stupid my wolf said again for the fifth time. After Astion just barged in, Diana left. Saying something about privacy and freedom.
I was running Astions words through my mind, over and over.
He wouldn't really kill me would he? We were best friends. I was his right hand.

He will my wolf said.

I sighed and nodded. He was right. These were dangerous times, things weren't like they used to be.
I grew up hating rogues and I still do, but at least back then I understood something about them.

Rogues are the left overs of a dead werewolf. Let me explain before you start thinking I'm stupid.

When a werewolf loses its human side, it loses all sanity. It loses reason. It can't think for itself and there is no one there to give it reason.

A rogue is a werewolf, without the human. Rogues are reguak size wolves that only go off instinct. Instinct says to kill. They have no pattern, nothing. They hunt alone but if you're luck has run out, you might come across the rare few that hunt together. They don't fight fair, they have nothing to lose.

This time...the rogues were different. They were scouting, watching. Hunting in large groups when they usually don't. They were carefully dodging territories that they couldn't overcome and then taking down the ones that they could. There was no saying what was happening, so Astion had a right to be mad. Besides....I don't want Angelina. I'm long over her.

****

Pic at the top is James's house.