chapter twenty-seven

{Astion}

I watched as my best guard fell limp and I glanced at Bane. I could see regret in his eyes but he quickly pushed it away and he walked off the stage, pushing through the crowd that was slowly dissipating.

I looked down at Jason in sorrow. I had watched him grow up. He was the best guard and would have made a great replacement for James. Now, he was useless to me.

Angelina, Jake and Justin were probably far gone by now. Which meant I would have to stall until I could find them and give them over to the rogues. They only couldn't find ou-

Alpha Astion. Alone and unarmed. What a pleasure A voice purred in my mind. I froze, grabbing a hold of my wolf in case I needed him.

I turned to see a huge gray wolf standing just inside the treeline, it's teeth barred.
You have failed to bring me what I asked for the voice growled in my mind.

"I will bring them soon," I said, nodding my head. The wolf's eyes rolled.
You don't think I know you don't have them? I am not an imbecile. I will give you three days and three nights to hand them over. When the full moon is in the sky, and they are not in my possession, I will invade your territory, and I will kill EVERYONE The wolf growled in my mind before it turned and took off into the woods.

I stared after the wolf, anger boiling inside of me. This was all angelina's fault. I paced the length of the small stage, racking my brain for any ideas on how to get her back.

I could chase after her, she was smart and taught by one of the best. She would have already masked her scent.

I couldn't predict where she would go, because she would just keep running until she couldn't run anymore, that didn't tell me what direction she ran in.

I glanced at Jason's dead body again before it clicked. I had the perfect idea.

{Angelina}

I have no clue how far we have run or how long we have been running, but we never looked back. I kept replaying Jason's face in my mind over and over again and I felt guilty.

We left him behind, knowing that they would kill him for helping us.

We had no choice Justin said in My mind. Jake's huge wolf head nodded and I sighed inwardly. Jason's death was on my hands. I left him behind.

I wanted to stop and rest, but Justin and jake kept reminding me that they could be hot on our tails. Although we all took precautions and masked our scents the best we could.

Instead of just running and running with no destination, Justin has decided we would head to the council. Honestly, I had no clue where that was, but Jake said he did. So we followed his directions.

My wolf cautiously kept checking our surroundings, prepared for another attack. Me on the other hand, I believed Jake wouldn't yank me into another trap. He was sorry, and I believed that.

Suddenly, images of James flashed through my head. James. Ever since we left, my wolf kept throwing James at me every time I would think about Jake. She didn't altogether trust Jake and a part of me understood why she didn't. the other part of me was angry at her for not trusting him.

Jake had been there for us when James had not been. James rejected us. My wolf seemed to have already forgotten that small itty-bitty detail.

{James}

I couldn't take it anymore.
I hadn't seen the sun in so many days, I was going crazy. I couldn't even feel my wolf anymore. Which made me very angry and worried at the same time. When I got loose, I would kill Astion. Then jake for getting me into this predicament.

Suddenly, the door to the cell room opened and in walked Alpha Bane and Astion. Alpha bane held a gun in his left hand, his face emotionless as Astion walked closer to me.

"Hows it going down here?" Astion asked, looking around the Dusty small cell. His eyes took in the unhealing marks where the silver chains were cutting into my skin and he laughed.

"Hurts doesn't it?" He asked.
I growled but he only laughed even more.
"I was sitting upstairs thinking and it finally occurred to me. You must be very tired and in a lot of pain down here. So tomorrow morning, we thought we would give you some fresh air," Astion said.

I narrowed my eyes. He was up to something, I knew he was. I just couldn't figure out what it was.
He turned on his heel and started towards the door. Alpha Bane smiled at me before he turned and followed him out.

Since when did Alpha Bane act like Astions lap dog? Something was seriously up and I really want to know what the hell it is.

{Unknown}

"Well?" I growled impatiently.
"No signs of them," my second in command said quietly. I growled in anger and slammed my fist into the wall.

"DAMN THEM!" I roared. I looked at my hands that were now claws and closed my eyes, reining in my anger.
When I opened them, the claws were gone and my hand was in their place. I glanced at my second in command and sighed.

"Go. Find them. I don't care if you have to search non-stop with no breaks. I want them found and back here. Quickly. Go," I ordered. He nodded and turned, quickly running from the room. I sighed and sat down behind my desk, looking at the files that were spread everywhere.

Soon this would all be over.

{Chase}

I stared at the screen silently, ashlane looking over my shoulder. I had searched and searched and finally, I found what I was looking for. A bounty placed on Angelina's head but surprisingly not by her lover Jake. Wait until I tell her this.

"I'm going with you," Ashlane said.
I nodded and slid my jacket on, popping the collar. We hadn't even taken one step before Klaus was running down the stairs, shoving his jacket on.

"You guys are definitely not going anywhere without me," Klaus said. I smiled. Klaus really didn't surprise us sometimes. One minute he wanted to stay to himself and the next he was ease dropping on us. He was really weird sometimes, but I guess that's why I loved him.

{Eli}

I growled in anger as I pushed at the bars again, but they refused to move. Something was wrong with bane. I just knew it. He would never do this to any members of his pack. I just had to get out and prove it.

I shoved at the bars again but they still wouldn't budge. What the hell?
"Wolfs bane," a voice whispered.
I turned to the cell that was across from mine and squinted into the darkness, finally making out a figure after a few moments.

"Who are you?" I asked.
The figure moved slowly and I watched with curiosity. The voice was scratchy and old. It obviously hadn't been used in a long time, which meant whoever it was had been here way before I had.

How hadn't I noticed them?
My eyes caught onto the gray wool sweater that appeared in the dim lighting and then the face.
Oh my goddess.....