chapter eleven

I sighed as I sped through the woods, the others behind me. The week had flown by quickly and alpha bane held true to his word, having us packed and ready the night before we were supposed to leave.

Jake wanted me safely beside him in his astion Martin but I wanted to be intimidating. Choosing between my baby, a camaro forum V6, or my motorcycle was a hard choice, but I chose my motorcycle.

Alpha bane and Jake flipped but they couldn't force me to do anything I didn't want to do, and I didn't want to get in Jake's sweaty smelly car. I liked my motorcycle. Not as much as my baby, which was why alpha bane was having it driven to me. That and the fact that he thought I was going to lose control of my motorcycle and get tossed down the road. Highly unlikely.

As we neared the silver falls territory, I felt my wolf stir. Not because she was scared, but because she was angry. My wolf never got to meet her mate, but she knew from my memories that my mate was cold and heartless. She was angry that I would have to face James again. I was angry too.

Once we passed into the territory, it was only a short ride through the woods until we reached town. We breezed through the streets, ignoring the looks we got. It wasn't long before we were pulling up in front of my old house. It didnt look much different. Except for the water fountain that was in the center of the circle driveway. It hadn't been here last time.

The front door opened and a man stood there, his eyes weary. I didn't blame him. Our reputation was...well pretty serious. We've never tried to correct anyone, so why should anyone think we are anything besides sexy, born and raised merciless killers?

The man stepped aside and let us enter, one by one. Alpha bane was coming tomorrow with Eli, so for now it was just Madison, Carson, Mark, Alex, Dustin, Vick, Ash, May, Jason, Ruby, Zeus, Jake and me. It was originally planned that only Madison, Carson, Jake and me would go but Eli told alpha bane not to under estimate the silver falls pack, so he sent the others. I didn't mind having them here.

I grabbed Jake's hand as the man led us through the house towards Astion's office. I was nervous to see him but I wasn't worried that he would recognize me. Three years didn't seem like a lot of time, but it was long enough to change me.

My once silver eyes were now a light blue, which I was told went incredibly well with my now long and wavy black hair. After all the training, I wasn't as heavy as I used to be, which made my wardrobe ten times as large.

Madison had obsessed with giving me a new wardrobe and I can't say that I'm not pleased with what she chose. Today, I'm wearing tight blue jeans that hug and outline my ass. My tight short white shirt left my stomach uncovered, revealing my belly ring. I wore a small black belt around my waist. They weren't holding up my pants but the tiny diamonds did add flare to the snug black leather jacket that I wore.

Jake had argued with me the whole time I had been getting dressed, he was worried that I wasn't thinking. So, to show him how wrong he was, I added a pair of diamond earrings. BAM. Showed him who was boss.

The man pushed open the door to Astions office and we walked in, staying at the far end of the room. Astion looked up from the files and papers on his desk and sighed.
"Well....and here I thought they were sending their best fighters," He muttered before he pushed everything to the side. He picked up his phone and dialed a number before he held it to his ear.

"Sit," he told us, nodding to the chairs in the room. Jake took advantage of the invitation, and sat down, leaning back and putting his hands behind his head. I sighed and sat in the chair beside him, crossing one leg over the other. Everyone else remained standing.

"Yes. Alpha bane," Astion said in a respectable tone. I leaned back and closed my eyes. The chairs were comfortable but not as comfortable as alpha bane's office chairs. Those were the most comfortable chairs ever. I missed them.

Astion hung up the phone and sighed. I opened my eyes to see Jake sitting up.

"I'm guessing he confirmed us?" Jake asked, a smirk on his face. Astion's eyes went from Jake to me. He leaned back in his chair.

"I can't have you guys here just walking about. I'm enrolling you guys into the high school here.
There is a huge party happening down at Connors, my friends, house and that's where I'll announce you guys. It's gonna be a huge surprise but...there's not much they can do. You guys are already here," Astion said.

He looked at his watch before he sighed. "It's getting late and you guys must be tired so...I have prepared rooms for you guys at the pack house. I hope you guys like them, and I'm expecting you guys to be at that party tomorrow, and please, dress nice?" Astion asked.

This is nice I said in my head and I heard the others laughter vibrate through me. Astion looked at me questioningly but I only nodded. He glanced at Jake before he looked down at his paperwork.

We've been dismissed. Let's go Jake said, looking at me. I nodded and stood, following him out of the room.

---------------

"Can you believe the guy?" Carson asked, glancing at me as he sat down in the chair beside the bed. Jake sighed and plopped down on the bed.

"Shouldnt you be with Madison?" Jake asked, obviously wanting to be alone with me.

Carson leaned back in the chair.
"I came in here to complain," he said, putting his hands behind his head. I sighed and unzipped one of my bags, pulling out a blouse.

"Does this look nice?" I asked, turning it to face Jake and Carson. They chuckled.
"Nice killer werewolf," Carson said. I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks, it's one of my favorite," I said as I turned and folded it into one of the dresser drawers.

Carson yawned loudly and shook his head.
"But really? What idiot wouldn't recognize his own sister?" He asked.

"Well she does look different," Jake said.
"And I didn't exactly want to be recognized anyway," I said. Carson sighed and sat forward.

"He still could have recognized you. And then the way he acted? Like he's OUR alpha when he isn't. He can't boss us around like that," carson said.

"Well what did you expect? He'd let us do whatever we wanted in his territory?" Jake asked. Carson shrugged.

"I just cannot wait to meet this mate of yours," Carson said.
Jake growled and I smiled. I loved it when he got like that.

"You can meet him all you want. He's not getting anywhere near her," Jake said. Carson smiled and cocked his head to the side.
"Are you scared she's gonna get swept off her feet and fall for him again?" Carson asked.

Jake was off the bed in seconds and had his hand wrapped around Carson's throat.
"You listen here and you listen good, Carson. He's getting nowhere near her. I don't care if I have to rip his petty little hands off to accomplish that," Jake said.

"I was kidding, Jake. buddy," Carson said, his face getting red as Jake's fingers got tighter.

"Angie," Carson pleaded.
I sighed and walked around the bed, placing my hand on Jake's shoulder.

"Jake. Baby?" I asked, sliding my hand down his back and around his waist. He purred deep in his chest and let go of Carson, turning to face me. He crushed his lips to mine, wrapping his arms around me and yanking me closer.

Jake dropped down into the chair and I noticed then, that Carson was gone. Jake pulled back, his breathing heavy.

"I'm sorry, Angel. I couldn't stop myself. the thought of you with...with that thing-"

"Shhhh," I said, putting my finger over his lips.
"I'm never, going to leave you," I said and I felt my wolf nod in agreement. My wolf wasn't there when James rejected me, but she could feel the pain and she could see the memories and she said it was just as bad. She said I was lucky to be alive. She was going to protect me from that pain again and I was going to protect myself.

"Thats reassuring," Jake said, kissing my forehead. I smiled and ducked my face into his chest.

"Come on, let's go to sleep," Jake said, pulling me into his arms and leaping into the bed. He rolled, pulling me tightly to his side. I wrapped my arm around his waist and placed my head in the crook of his shoulder.

"Goodnight angel," Jake said.
I smiled just as I let the welcome darkness take over.