chapter twenty-eight

{Angelina}

I raised my head, my eyes searching the woods for any sign of danger. Jake rolled his huge body over, his tongue slipping out of his muzzle in a lop sidded smile. I wonder what he's dreaming about.

I looked at Justin, who was fast asleep a few feet away from both of us. Some would think he was oblivious to the world around him, but then they would be wrong because his ear were up, which meant his wolf was on alert, even if he was asleep.

I yawned inwardly, but refused to close my eyes. When I heard a twig snap, my eyes went to the sound and my wolf growled, waking Justin instantly. One of Justin's eyes slowly opened, although he remained his sleep like position.

Problem? He asked in my mind.
My wolf searched the darkness but saw nothing so I put my head back down.
No. Everything's fine I said in my mind.

Justin's eye closed back and I felt him drift back to sleep. I yawned inwardly again and let my eyes drift close. My wolf took over, keeping alert. She would wake me if something came up.

{Bane}

I leaned back in the chair across from Astions desk and sighed. Everything was falling apart so fast. I couldn't believe it.

I had came here with the intention of helping this pack and now, my own pack was at risk and it was fall in apart. This was wrong. I couldn't believe that this was happening to me.

To my children.
I wish I could shield them from this but I can't. Especially Alex. But what had to be done, had to be done.

The door opened and in walked Astion, a smile on his face.
"Are you going to tell me the plan now?" I asked.
He nodded and sat down behind his desk.

"Well?" I asked after a moment when he hadn't said a word.
"James," he said.
"Thats it?" I asked.
"Yes," He said.

I listened quietly as he told me his little plan and how James fit into it all and surprisingly, it made sense. He was finally acting like the alpha he was supposed to be. Of course, my wolf and me both knew that when this was all over, we could no longer allow him to be the alpha of this pack. He wasn't responsible enough nor was he strong enough.

I crossed my hands over my lap.
"It's a good plan," I said.
Astion smiled. He had obviously put a lot of thought into this plan and he was happy that I was proud. And I was. But that didn't change the outcome. He wasn't fit to run this pack and now that I had come to that, I would have to inform the council soon enough.

It was my job.

{Astion}

The bastard was going to turn on me. I felt it. It was radiating off of him whether he knew it was or not. He was greatly underestimating me and I was not liking that.

How dare he come into my pack and question whether I'm strong or not. I could see it in his eyes. He was questioning my ability to run my pack.

He would see. I would make him regret that

***

This chapter is really short because I'm just really tired now and completely unable to think but the next chapter will be long. Picture of Seth's beta at the top. Her name is scarlet