chapter twenty-two

{Angelina}

They all stared at me, and then the man smiled.
"That doesn't mean you are not a royal. All royal females are born with a small scar on the lower part of their stomach, just off to the side. Once the female is tied to her mate, the scar turns into the female royal birthmark," the man said.

"Then...what happens if you have been rejected by your mate?" I asked. The man sighed and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Look, I'm hungry, tired and worn out. Mind if I take a quick shower?" The man asked. I shrugged and watched as he walked past me and disappeared through a door.

Klaus sighed and shook his head.
"I'll start dinner," he said.
"Youre welcome to join," Chase said, smiling wide. I shrugged and followed them towards the kitchen.

------------------

"So you're saying I have more than one mate?" I asked as I chewed on the wonderful gummy candy that Chase had given me.

The man, whose name is Charlie, was sitting across from me, leaning back in his chair. Chase was leaning against the kitchen counter, chewing on his candy.

"So...why does it matter if I get my mark or not?" I asked.
Charlie sighed.
"The title is supposed to be handed down to our youngest child. For centuries, our bloodline has only been able to produce males.

My mate was a woman, not of our bloodline. Because of that, we produced a girl. You. You happen to be my youngest child, which mean the title can only be passed down to you," Charlie said.

My eyes widened and I shook my head.
"I thought that it went to the oldest," I said. He shook his head.
"Thats another myth. The title goes to the youngest because the youngest is expected to live longer. The youngest is faster, stronger and the youngest can keep the balance between playful and serious. Your brothers have respectfully denied the title anyway. I have no one left but you," Charlie said.

"What happens if I don't find a mate?" I asked.
Charlie sighed and looked down.
"Every hundred years or so, the title is handed down to the youngest of each ruler. For us, we have already dealt with the searing pain of our birthmark, the searing pain of the alpha king Mark is nothing to us.

There has never EVER in all of werewolf existence, been a female ruler. You will be the first. Not to mention, you are different than your brothers. You are a pure royal. I claimed your mother after she had the boys. I transferred the royal Mark to her, therefore, she was considered a royal when she gave birth to you. The lycan blood that is in my veins, flows through yours. Klaus, Chase , Ashlane...they do not have that pure lycan blood. It is so bad, that Klaus has one white and one black eye. It is terrible. But you have the pure lycan blood.

It's a blessing but a curse. Now a days, lycan blood is black market material. With concentration or the right medical supplies, you could give birth to a full pure blooded lycan.

Lycans went extinct years ago because they're a destructive mass. If someone got a hold of a lycan, or knew that you could produce one, you would be chained down and you would either be tortured, or used sexually until you produce a lycan. Probably more than one. Armies worth, Angelina. This is a serious matter," Charlie said.

I shook my head.
"Nope. I humored you guys, but I'm done. Absolutely done. I'm a normal 19 year old werewolf who just wants to go home. My father died, my mother ran away. I'm not related to you," I growled.

"Angelina, you're in denial-"
"NO! I just want to go home," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.
Charlie sighed and leaned further back in his chair.

An arm wrapped around my neck and before I could even struggle, it yanked back and to the side. A loud snap filled the room and darkness engulfed me.

---------------------

Beep beep beep

I slowly opened one eye and groaned when I was hit by light. I heard somethin moving around, and then a warm hand was caressing my face.

"Angel? Angel, are you awake?" Jake's sweet voice asked.
I opened my eyes fully and blinked, trying to get used to the bright light.
"Am I in heaven?" I asked, my voice scratchy. Jake smiled and shook his head.

I sighed and took in his face. There were bags under his eyes, and his eyes were a dark blue. Almost black.

"What happened?" I asked.
"Angel? You don't remember?" Jake asked. I shook my head.
"You took off after a rogue. They got you down pretty good. I came out and got you. I found you out by the streams...I'm so sorry baby. I should have been there to protect you," Jake whimpered, his eyes watering.

"Shhh," I said, wrapping my arms around him, ignoring the pain I felt in my side.
"I'm glad you're okay now. Everyone's glad," Jake said. I doubted that. Everyone couldn't be glad that I was okay.

The door opened and in walked Astion. He was holding a vase full of roses in his hands. He paused when he saw me.
"Youre awake? They said you wouldn't be awake for days," Astion said as he sat the case down and walked over to me.

"Where am I?" I asked.
"The pack hospital. Are you okay? Are you in any kind of pain?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.
Pain tore through me but I shook my head anyway. He smiled and looked at Jake.

"I knew she would pull through," Astion said. I smiled. My brother looked happy I was alive. His eyes were a vibrant blue. How come I had never noticed his eyes were a different color than mine?

Jake saw me looking at Astion in a weird confused way and he did something weird. He pulled my face away from Astion and kissed me.
I felt my insides melt and I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Ewww," Astion said as he stood and quickly made himself scarce. Jake chuckled and pulled back, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Get some rest, you've had a traumatic experience," Jake said. I shook my head.
"I'm not tired. honest. I'm fine, I don't want to lay in this bed all day!" I growled playfully.

Jake pursed his lips.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yes! Please rescue me," i begged playfully. Jake smiled wide before he nodded.
"I have something," he said.

***
I'm discussing with my friend if I should change this too but for now, Robbie amell is Ashlane. Ashlane is the guy who thought Angelina was an intruder at first.