chapter ten

{Bane}

I sighed as I watched Angelina and Jake walk in. I knew this meeting wasn't going to be pleasant.
I leaned back in my seat and watched as they sat down across from me.

"Dad?" Jake asked.
I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Theres been some rogue activity around the mountains. Human attacks...werewolf attacks," I said.
"You want us to go take them out?" Jake asked.

I shook my head.
"No. These rogues...sightings count them way over the normal rogue pack size," I said.
Jake nodded, analyzing what I had just said.

"Youre thinking that the rogues are joining together?" Jake asked.
I nodded.
Jake leaned back in his chair.
I glanced at Angelina, but she was silent.

"Last reported sighting of the rogues was a few miles east of here. They attacked a camp site."

"Any survivors?" Jake asked.
"None whatsoever," I said.

"What does this have to do with us?" Angelina asked, finally speaking up. I sighed and glanced at my computer. This was the unpleasant part.

"If the rogues attack us, we have more than enough fighters to take them down. Especially with the expansion just around the corner..."

"And?" Angelina asked.

I sighed.
"The alpha of silver falls called the council and asked them for help. They asked me to lend him some of my best fighters," I said.
She tensed up, her eyes going red.

"Angelina-"

"You said no, right? You did say no didn't you?" She asked.
I looked down.
"I cant turn away a pack that's unable to defend itself-"

"Dammit! You know what they did to me!" She cried before she ran from the room. Jake looked at me for a second before he stood and took off after her.
"That was pleasant," Eli said, smiling from where he was sitting on the couch.

"I knew she would be mad. She'll calm down," I said, nodding my head. Eli sighed and leaned forward.
"Youre not thinking of really sending her over there are you?" Eli asked.

"As much as I dont want to, she's our best fighter. And the others aren't going to go without her," I said.

{Angelina}

I stormed out of his office, tears threatening to fall. How could he do this to me? He had promised I would never have to see them again.

I stormed into my room and slammed the door, running to my bed and jumping on it.
I buried my face in my pillow and let the sobs I was holding back take over.

"Go away!" I said when I heard a knock at the door. To my dismay, the door opened anyway and the next thing I knew, I was being held.

"Shhhh it's okay. It's okay," Jake said, holding me close to his chest. I should have objected, but I couldn't. The warmth radiating off of him was so comforting.

"I know you don't want to hear it but my dad is right by his decision," Jake said.

"Youre right. I don't want to hear it," I said, keeping my face buried in his chest. He sighed and pulled me away, looking into my eyes.

"Would you stand by and let an entire pack be slaughtered...knowing you could have stopped it?" Jake asked quietly. I stared into his eyes and sighed.
He was right. I couldn't hate alpha bane because he wanted to help them. I could blame the Rogues though. For interrupting my life.

Jake leaned forward until his lips were centimeters away from mine.
"I'm not going to let anyone hurt you," he said. The closeness was driving my wolf insane. How could he be that close and not be as affected as I am?
Just as he went to pull back, I leaned forward, capturing his lips with mine.