chapter twelve

"Rise and shine!" A voice called. I rolled and fell off the side of the bed, just in time to miss the water that splashed all over Jake.

Jake shot up in bed, his eyes wide open.
Carson burst out in laughter, tossing the bucket to the side.

"What the hell man?" Jake growled, looking down at his wet clothes.
"Payback," Carson said.
"I'll show you Payback!" Jake growled as he leapt onto Carson.

I got to my feet slowly, watching the two of them wrestling. I debated climbing over the bed, and instead, dropping into the chair beside the bed and placed my chin in my hand.

Madison came into the room and paused when she saw Carson and Jake. She looked at me questioningly. I shrugged and she did the same, walking over to me.

"I wanna take a look around, see what we are dealing with," she said. I pursed my lips. we were supposed to go to school today...would it be a good idea to miss that?

"Dont worry, angie. I'm thinking about taking a look around before school starts. We'll only be a bit late. I promise. A quick check around the border and then off to school," Madison said, her eyes huge and her bottom lip popped out.

I sighed and nodded.
She stood and clapped her hands excitedly before she walked towards the door.

"Carson, come on," she said.
Carson shoved away from Jake, smiled at me, and took off after Madison. Jake stood there for a moment, confused, but finally just shrugged and grabbed his bag off the dresser. He unzipped it and started rummaging through it.

I stood and walked around him, slipping open a dresser drawer and pulling out a blouse.

"Is this school material?" I asked, showing it to Jake. Jake laughed when he saw that it said, drugs before slugs.

"No. come on angel. It's just the first day, give a good impression," Jake pleaded before he took his clothes and left the room.

-----------------

"Are you guys ready?" I asked, my hands tucked in my pockets.
I had chosen to wear my skinny black jeans with a tight small pink shirt that showed my clear small stomach. I had chosen to wear a blue jean jacket this time, bringing out my light sky blue eyes.

Jake's eyes took me in before he looked at the others.
"Lets go," he said, turning towards the door. We all nodded and followed after him. I paused when I saw my baby parked in the driveway.

Jake smiled when he saw that I was still standing in the doorway.
"Eli brought it," Jake explained as he slid in his car.

I smiled and thanked The goddess as I ran to my car and slipped my key in.
I turned it and opened the door, slipping in.
I shut the door behind me and ran my hand over the leather steering wheel.
Pure beauty.

I slipped the key into the ignition and the car purred to life, making me smile even wider.
I pushed down lightly on the gas and it started forward, the others following behind me. They wanted to check out the land, get a good idea of everything but I was hesitating. The silver falls pack wasn't to be trusted, anything could happen.

We drove for a while before I finally pulled over and parked, turning off the engine. I climbed out of the car, already shrugging out of my jacket. I placed it on the seat in my car and my hands when to my shirt, shrugging it over my head.

People said werewolves couldn't wear clothes when they shifted and that's not the entire truth. We could wear clothes, it just depended on how powerful you are. You see, we don't age like humans do.

When we turned 19, we stopped aging. Stuff like, size, shape, hair color, eye color, that stuff would change. It could be changed.

We could be 1000 years old and we would still look 19.
Now...we could age but that only would happen if we stopped using our wolf for long periods of time. I'm talking years. Then of course, we would start to age like normal humans would.

If you're older than at least 1000 or you're a pure blood founding member, then you were powerful. powerful enough to shift with your clothes on. For younger werewolves or werewolves with no pure blood or aren't a founding member relative, they could shift with only a limited amount of clothes on. For example, under garments.

They were thin and they weren't able to restrict the shift. fabric like shirts, jacket, shoes...it would restrict the new arrangent of the bones, leaving a person possibly in mid-shift. Mid-shift was horrible and if left that way for too long, you could possibly be stuck like that.

I sat my shirt on my jacket and my hands went to my jeans. Carefully, i slipped them off and sat them down before I shifted, diving into the cover of the trees.

I hadn't forgotten that silver falls wasn't just home for werewolves but humans too. Some humans were oblivious and the pack wanted to keep it that way.

I tensed when I felt someone behind me, but instantly relaxed when I recognized Jake's scent.
I turned and his wolf licked the side of my face.

I'll never get over how beautiful you are Jake said through the link. If wolves could blush, I would look like a huge tomato right now.

Guys, if you don't want to be late then we better get going Carson said through the link.
Jake's eyes roamed over me before he turned and took off, me following silently behind him.

Borders this way I said when I realized they were lost. I took the lead and led them to the furthest point in the woods, coming to a stop a ways away from the border. You could see silver blades of grass all along the border.

Think that the rogues are nearby? Carson asked. I shook my head. I couldn't smell anything and I had a great sense of smell.

Guys, come on Madison said through the link.
She had wanted to come with us, and it was her plan, but Carson had told her to stay in the trees and watch the cars, since we had left the doors open and everything.

I turned and was just about to lead them away from the border, when my eyes caught something. Movement in the distance. Just outside the border. I moved my whole head in time to see it disappear.

Angel? Jake asked. I looked at both Jake and Carson and shook my head, letting them know everything was okay.

They both turned and took off, this time, letting me follow behind them. Carson's wolf was slightly smaller than Jake's, about the size of maybe a smart car. I really have no clue how to put it. What to compare them to.
His wolf was a light brown with steaks of black through it and a patch of black over his left eye. Madison was a grey wolf and smaller than me, probably because I had alpha blood inside of me.

Alpha bane had said the size of your wolf depends on you and your family. To be small was a terrible thing in the wolf world, because that meant others could over take you. But just because Madison was small didn't mean she was weak. she could fight, let me tell you that. The first time I went up against her I lost, it took me three tries before I finally beat her and was able to move on. The memories were painful.

As we reached the cars, I shifted, running right to my car and jumping in.

Drive and change. We are Sooo late I mind-linked them as I started my car and screeched off.

***

Pic at the top is Angelina's baby.
I couldn't find the exact picture I wanted but it's close enough.