chapter thirteen

"Gosh, first day too," I said as I pushed open the office door and walked in, the others trailing behind me. The woman behind the desk looked up and smiled.

"I've never seen you guys around here before," she said, her eyes taking me in. Why was I instantly always the threat? Come on, seriously?

"New," Carson said, stepping in front of me.
"Right. I'll just get your schedules," she said, standing and disappearing through a door.

"Did you see the way she looked at me?" I hissed. Carson laughed but Jake grabbed my hand.
"Shhh, calm down," he said.

The lady walked back out with a bunch of papers. Silently we each took our schedules and soft the office.

"This way," Jake said after looking over both of our schedules. We had the majority of our classes together. All except for two. Luckily, first bell I had with him.

He pulled me through the hallways until we reached a brown wooden door with a label on it that said, English.

"Damn," I said just as Jake pulled open the door and we both walked in. The teach looked up, stunned.
"Who are you?" The teacher asked.
The students looked at us, curious but angry too.

"We're new," Jake said, stepping forward and showing our schedules to the teacher. The teacher checked them over before he nodded towards the empty seats in the back.

"I remember now, sit," he ordered.
I felt my wolf react to his odrder, wanting to tell him to go to hell, but Jake grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the back.

Maybe I've just gotten used to homeschooling I said to Jake.
Maybe. Aren't you glad I'm here to hold you back? Jake asked.

I smiled and pulled out my notebook as the teacher started to talk.

The other classes flew by quick and before I knew it, lunch came.
The minute Jake and me walked into the cafeteria, Madison stood and waved us over.

She had snagged a table way before lunch even started, wanting to make sure we could all sit together.

"What happens if this is someone's table?" I asked as I sat my tray down beside Jake.
"Well who cares really? It's just a table," Madison said as she munched on her celery.

I sighed and nodded, letting myself get distracted by Jake's wandering hand. Time passed and when the cafeteria grew quiet, I didn't think much about it until I felt Jake be ripped away and thrown into the wall.

The next thing I knew, I was face to face with a girl who's eyes were a piercing silver.

"Look what we have here. Humans in OUR spot," a boy rumbled. My wolf growled at the voice because I knew it all too well. James.

I couldn't smell him, which meant he couldn't smell me. it was weird but I would go with it and pray that if I turned around he wouldn't recognize me.

Sending a Silent prayer to the moon goddess, I turned to face the attackers, sliding out of my seat.

We can take them Madison said, her claws slipping out. I could see Carson's eyes starting to go red.

No. Humans are here and for those who can't hear what we are saying, we dont need to blow anything by putting on a show I ordered.
Madison's claws disappeared and Carson's eyes went back to normal.

Baby...they don't know we are werewolves. I don't know how it's possible but they don't. Don't give in and fight them, wait until the time is right I said to Jake.
I could feel Jake's anger and rage flowing through him and if he wanted, he could take them all down right now. I could too, but now was not the time.

James smiled when he saw that Jake wasn't going to defend himself. He punched Jake in the stomach and it took all my strength not to ram my claws through his throat. I wouldn't and I couldn't.

James released Jake and I ran to him like every normal human would. I acted like I was wiping the tears from his eyes, but instead I was willing his eyes to go back to normal.

"Get out of here," James said.
I helped Jake up and left, the others following behind me.

---------------

Sadly my last bell of the day didn't include Jake, so I was left struggling to find my class on my own. By the time I found it, it was ten minutes into class.

Sighing, I pulled open the door and everyone turned to look at me.
The woman behind the desk looked up and her smile brightened. Werewolf. Possibly late thirties but still looked 19. Figures.

"I heard you were coming, have a seat," she said. I nodded and took the seat at the furthest side of the room.

I didn't realize until it was too late, who I stlhared this class with.

James.

He was laughing with his friends about something when I passed him and his eyes followed after me.
"Well well. Human meat," he said, licking his lips.

I sat down in the seat by the window and looked snout, knowing instantly the teacher wasn't going to say anything. She didn't have the guts.

James got up from his seat and walked over to wear I was, sitting on the desk next to me.
"Hey pretty girl, you mute or something?" He asked.

I ignored him, hoping he would go away. To my dismay, he placed his hand on by shoulder and my wolf erupted, fighting to get free. I have no clue why he couldn't tell who I was, maybe it was all thanks to the moon goddess...who really knew?

"Gonna say something or do I have to make you?" He asked. When I stayed silent, his hand went to my chin and roughly forced me to look at him. Before I could react, he crushed his lips down on mine. It was so unexpected, that my wolf didn't know how to react, but instinct took over and I shoved him away, causing him to land with a thud on the floor.

"Asshole," I mouthed before I went back to looking out the window. Let them think I was mute.