chapter thirty

{Angelina}

"What are you doing here?" I asks, crawling towards her, only to be yanked back by the chains.
"I've been here for a while," she said, looking down at the ground.

"What have they done to you?" I whispered when I saw the darkened patches of her skin.
"What they're going to do to you," she said, raising her eyes to meet mine. I felt mine fill with tears.

Clare. My best friend, was locked away in here suffering and I never knew. How could I not have noticed she wasn't in the pack?
"Have they...have they raped you?" I asked, mentally begging her to say no.

She shook her head and I sighed in relief.
"You should have accepted their offer. It only goes downhill from here," she said quietly. I wanted to ask her what she meant, but she only curled back up and closed her eyes.

{Unknown}

"Did she accept?" I growled at the peasant.
"No," he said, bowing his head in respect. Probably trying to gain my favor but it was too late. I swing, my claws taking his head clean off his shoulder.

"That will teach you to fail me," I growled in anger before I looked at the guard by the door and jerked my head towards the body. The guard nodded and moved from the door, quickly tossing the body over his shoulder and leaving the room with the head in his hands.

While the maids cleaned up the blood, I sat down behind my desk and propped my feet up on the desk.
I had one week to get them ready. This was going to be harder than I thought.

{Astion}

I paced the length of my office as I listened to my new beta talk. He was saying that Jake and Justin had been returned to the cells and that Angelina was not with them.

My wolf growled in anger and I agreed with him. If she had gotten away, she could be heading towards the council. I had to stop this. I had to stop her from being able to get to the council. Not that they would listen to her...Thomas would. Thomas was old and stupid. He would listen to her.

I growled and dismissed my beta, waiting until the door shut before I sat down and picked up my phone.
I re-dialed the last number in my phone and put it to my ear, tapping my nails on my desk.

"Y-ello?" A voice answered.
"Hey...it's me," I said.
I heard stuff being moved around before the voice got closer to the phone.

"Speak," the voice said.
I caught him up to speed, stopping a few times to let him get in a few questions. When I was finished, I sat back in my chair and waited silently.

"What's my job?" The voice asked.
"Find the girl," I said.
"What about the council?" The voice asked.
I sighed and pursed my lips.
"Make sure he never sees her," I said, hoping he caught my meaning.

The voice chuckled before the line went dead. I sighed and hung up the phone, setting it down on the desk.

"Who was that on the phone?" Alpha Bane snapped, who was standing in the doorway.
I crossed my arms over my chest.
"This is MY office so frankly I don't have to tell you anything," I said.

Alpha Bane growled and walked in, slamming the door behind him. He stormed over to me and slammed his hands down on the desk.
"Who was that on the phone?" He snapped.

"An ally," I said.
He narrowed his red eyes at me.
"Dont play games with me. You're walking on thin ice," Alpha Bane snapped.

"He's an old friend that I'm having take care of some stuff. Relax," I said. He searched my face, probably trying to find the truth but I wasn't going to say anything.

Alpha Bane growled and turned, storming out of the office. I smiled and leaned back in my chair. When this was all over, he would be bowing down to me.

{Angelina}

I stared silently at the gray wall, trying to count the cracks in the wall, but there were just too many. I sighed and glanced over at Clare who had her head on her knees.

She looked so fragile.
I couldn't believe it. She had always been so strong and confident. Now she looked fragile and broken. What had they done to her?

The cell door banged open and two men walked in, smiled on their faces.
"Good morning Angelina. I would say make yourself at home but...you won't be staying here long," one of the men said before they came at me.

I struggled as they snapped the chains off me and dragged me from the cell. I kicked and punched but it was as if they didn't feel a thing. It almost made me jealous. How can they not feel it?

They dragged me up some steps and into a room that had a table in the middle of it. I'm talking about the kind of table that they usually put a dead body on in those movies when people come to idenifty it in the morgue.

They shoved me onto the table and I instantly shot up, trying to get away. They shoved my arms down and chained my wrists to the table, making me cry out when the silver touched me. They then repeated the action with my ankles.

I still struggled, but it wasn't doing any good. I was growing weaker and weaker by the moment.
One of the men pulled out a needle and I growled when he stuck it into my arm.

Pain shot through me and I screamed, arching off the table. I watched my veins turn black, and I felt my wolf surface for a tiny second before everything went black.

{Eli}

I stared at my mate in shock and horror, shoving at the bars again.
"Sandra," I whined, my wolf howling I'm sorrow because we couldn't reach her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Bane told me to come so I came," she whispered. I growled at the thought of bane. Who else was here because of him? The council should know about this. This was violation of the Alpha code and Bane knew it. He was digging his own grave.

"Sandra, who else came?" I growled.
"A few of the others but I haven't seen them," she said.
I felt anger pour through me at the thought of all the lives that Bar was ruining. The one that made me angry the most was Angelina.

"We have to get out of here," I growled. I shoved at the bars but again, they wouldn't budge.
"We can't. I have already tried," she said, her eyes filled with tears.

I needed my mate and there was only one way I could get to her. I had no choice. I closed my eyes, letting all of my anger build up before I gave complete and absolute control over to my wolf.

***

Sandra at the top