chapter six

"How would you like to join my pack?" He asked.
My eyes widened in surprise.
When I was little, my dad would tell me stories of a pack of wolves running wild in the woods. killing other packs. He said they killed for fun. He said that they killed women, children...men. He said they were merciless.
He told me of how they attacked the royals. Neither one was stronger than the other, so they called a truce.
That pack was called the red shadow pack.
I was sitting in front of a merciless killer....yet he didn't seem like one.

I opened my mouth to say no but I found myself saying "yes".
The man smiled and reached across the desk.
"My name's alpha bane. But you can call me bane," he said.
I nodded, slipping my hand into his. The warmth that seeped into my hand from his made me jump and I yanked my hand back.

He raised his eyebrows and sighed.
"I understand that...you may have heard stories. There are lots of stories flying around out there. Rumors. I guarantee most of those rumors are just that. Rumors," he said.

Before I could say anything, the door burst open and a boy stood there. He probably had a year or two on me, but he didn't look any older than alpha bane. Taking that into consideration, I let my eyes roam over him. His light blue eyes weren't on me,  but focused on alpha bane, waiting for a order.

"Jake, I'm glad you're here. Meet, Angelina," bane said.
The boys eyes moved from the alpha to mine and they narrowed.
His upper lip curled and I tensed.

"Jake, play nice. I have a meeting today. I need you to show her around," alpha name said as he stood.
The boy named Jake nodded and Bowers his head slightly as alpha bane left the room.

Jake looked at me for a long moment. before he nodded and turned to leave.
He paused when he noticed I was still sitting.
"You coming or what?" I heard him snap.
I nodded and got to my feet, slowly trailing after him.

------------

"Be careful," Jake snapped from behind me. He was just standing there, watching me like the creepy guy he was. It was like he expected me to do something wrong.

It had been three days since I first set foot in alpha banes office and the joining ceremony was tonight. why was he so...creepy towards me?

He personally had showed me every inch of their territory, and there was a lot of ground to cover. It was like it ran on and on for Mike's and miles. He had saved the best for last...the waterfall.

It was so beautiful from a distance, but up close, there were no words to discribe it.

I took a step forward, placing my feet between the boulder I was on and the one in front of me. I went to take a other step, but I slipped and the next thing I knew, I was falling.

From a distance, it doesn't look like it's really that far down, and up close it doesn't even look like it either. But when you actually fall down the length of it...it felt like miles.

When I hit the water, I hit it hard.
If I didn't know any better, I would think I had jumped off a four story building and went capooey on the sidewalk.
I kicked out with my feet and re-surfaced, pushing my hair out of my face.

"I said to be careful!" I heard Jake shout from above.

"Go eat a sock!" I shouted back, shaking my fist. I thought I heard him laugh, but I pushed that aside and made my way over to the part where the ground let the water, pushing myself up.

The next thing I knew, hands closed around my arms and pulled me the rest of the way out.

"Are you hurt?" Jake asked.
I started to say no but I looked into his eyes and I saw amusement there.

"Jerk!" I laughed and shoved him.
He teetered and tottered on the edge before he fell into the water.
Sighing with relief, I started to stand when he shot up out of the water and grabbed my ankle, yanking me in.

I grabbed a mouth full of air before I was shoved under the water. I kicked him and came up for air, pushing my wet hair out of my face.

He laughed, and I splashed water in his face, making him shut up. All was still, for all of thirty seconds before he splashed water in my face.

I stated at him shocked before he did something even more shocking.

He yanked me against him and pressed his lips to mine.
A tingling sensation started in my stomach and shot through me, making me shiver.
I had never kissed anyone before.
I didn't know what I was doing, but somehow, I found myself kissing him back.
Wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer, if that was even possible.

He nibbled on my lower lip and I moaned into his mouth.
He pulled back suddenly, catching me off guard.

"W-we should probably get back," Jake said, panting like he had just ran in a marathon.
I nodded, pulling further away from him. I swam back to where the woods and water met, pulling myself up and out of the water.
I shook out my hair and stood, ringing out the bottom of my shirt.

Jake pulled himself out of the water and started off into the woods, not even glancing back at me. I was a little disappointed after what had just happened. Wasn't he going to say anything to me?

After a dumb moment of realizing he had left me, I started walking back towards the pack house. He had left me. He kissed my face off and then left me. What kind of person did that to another being?

Frustrated, I stuck my hands in my pockets and kept on walking.