chapter thirty-three

{James}

I watched in horror as Angelina left in the arms of the man named Seth. I could feel the power radiating off of both of them. I had been able to feel it before from Angelina but it was different now. Now It felt...darker.

I didn't even want to know how that was possible.
It seemed that they all had suddenly forgot I was there and I realized, I was alone.

I got to my feet, calling my wolf silently. I tiptoed across the room to a large window that overlooked the woods. I took a few steps back. I could do this.

Before I could even take a step forward, two steely arms wrapped around me and I felt teeth sink into my neck. My wolf cried out and I did too as I felt the searing pain of a Mark. I felt the wolf of the person behind me dominate over mine and I felt my wolf helplessly submit against my will.

I was released and I fell to the ground, panting.
"Well hello there stranger," a deep voice said. I looked up to see the rogue from before staring down at me. His light gray eyes stared into mine and my wolf whimpered. This rogue had just claimed me.

I whimpered when he placed his hand on my cheek.
"Youre mine now" he said with a huge smile, showing off razor sharp teeth. Fear gripped me, but I couldn't bring myself to move away. He was my alpha. My owner.

{Jake}

I stared silently at the bars that held me captive. This was the second time I was in this cell and frankly...I knew I deserved it. I had been wrong to hand Angelina over...but I hadn't known what to do.

My mate was at stake and I had no choice but to give them what they wanted and they wanted her. Angelina. She was the daughter of the Alpha king. At least that was what they said.

No one could resist her authority. Not even the council. I was scared for her. What woud they do to her? What did they have planned?

"Justin," I whispered.
"What?" He snapped. He was still mad at me and I didn't blame him. I was still mad at myself too.
"Theyre going to use her," I whispered. I didn't know their exact plans but I felt that was a part of it.

If she really was a royal, then they could use her to order people around. She wouldn't have a choice but to do it.

"Stop actin like you care," Justin snapped. He was facing away from me, but I could tell he was crying. Astion and Bane had told us before that we would be executed at the end of the week, which is what I assume happened to Jason.

It was my fault that he died for nothing. I had to fix that.
"I have a mate," I whispered. I watched as Justin slowly turned to face me.

"I met her while I was running a perimeter check a while ago. The rogues....They took her down. They said they smelled the royal all over me and they threatened to kill my mate if I didn't listen," I said.

I quickly explained what they told me to do and then I told Justin how I felt for Angelina and I tried to back out, but they sent me one of my mates fingers in the mail, which made me step up my game. I told him how I took her into the woods but their attack failed so I had to try something new. And it worked.

I told him I was sorry and I sat back, waiting. Justin just glared at me before he shook his head.
"Sorry doesn't cut it. She's out there probably hurt and alone," Justin snapped before he turned away. That was when it hit me.

"You love her don't you?" I asked.
Justin stayed silent and I smiled to myself. Justin was in love with Angelina. I couldn't believe that I never figured it out.

{Chase}

I paced the length of angelinas room. Where could she be.
"We could ask the alpha," Ashlane asked, as pissed off as me. He was right. We could.

I stormed out of her room and down the steps, ignoring the growls and shocked looks we got. They were probably wondering who we were and what we were doing in there territory but I didn't give them time to attack.

The second we entered the Alphas office, I went after the Alpha myself, slamming him against the wall.
"Where is she?" I growled.
I heard a struggle and saw Ashlane shoving a large man down to the ground a few feet away.

"Who?" The Alpha growled.
"Angelina," I snapped.
"She's long gone by now," the other man said.
I growled angrily and threw the Alpha across the room.

"Who are you?" The Alpha thundered, using his alpha Tone on me to make me tell him. I laughed. The weight of his authority felt like a piece of paper had just landed on me.

"Nice try, "Alpha" but I'm much higher rank than you," I said as I lifted up my shirt.

I watched both of the men gasp and Ashlane gave me a side glance. They had seen my birthmark. I couldn't just kill both of them. They were Alphas and their packs would fall apart without them. The council would decide their destination and whom would take their places.

"What son you want with her?" The Alpha asked.
Klaus stepped forward, his eyes narrowed.
"She's our sister," he said through his teeth.

{Bane}

I couldn't believe my ears.
Angelina was a royal. Which meant....oh goddess what had I done? Handing a royal over to the rogues. I would be killed. Even worse...exiled. this was bad. Very bad.

"I can help you find her," I said.
They glared at me before one of them stepped forward, smiling. I stopped myself from flinching when I saw that all of his teeth had been filed sharp.

"How so?" He asked.
"I tagged her mate," I said. Astion looked shocked but I didn't take my eyes off of the men standing in front of us.

As head alpha of the council I was given direct orders to see if Alpha Astion was capable of running his pack. I couldn't let someone else die under my watch. Not like Jason.

"Fine. Grab him," the boy ordered. I was roughly yanked to my feet and escourted out of he room. I heard a grunt from behind me and I bowed my head.

The royals were a nasty bunch. I had heard that anyone who saw their birthmark never lived to tell the tale. So what was going to happen to me when I am no longer useful to them?

{James}

I scurried to the back of the large bed room, trying my best to stay hidden in the shadows.
The large man walked into the room, shutting the door behind him with a smile on his face.

"Come out come out where ever you are," he laughed. My wolf whimpered when he started walking towards us.

I crawled behind the couch, taking comfort in the small space provided. He wouldn't be able to scoot back here.

I almost pissed my pants when the couch was shoved out of the way and the large man stood over me, his anger and lust evident.
"Well well. Shall we get started?" He asked.

{Marcus}

I felt him before I saw him.
I didn't need to look to know he was standing in my doorway. I turned my chair around and faced my step brother, trying to stay relaxed and calm.

"Why?" He growled.
At first I didn't understand what he meant, but when I saw his mate behind him, I understood. He had found out.

You see, I had discovered that Bane's pack had a Royal in it and all I saw was dollar signs. She was rare. She was the next in line and she was priceless.

So I contacted a friend of mine and told them about it. My friend said he would make me rich if I handed her over. So I agreed and I started my plan.

"I had to take care of your sister," I said and it was the truth. We were broke. Slowly and surely we were losing piece by piece of our land and she was too stubborn to ask her own brother for help. So I took the steps necessary to save us.

I made a deal with a friend of mine.
He would make me rich if I handed over the next in line of the royals.
It wasn't even as hard as I thought it would be.

I managed to get the Alphas son wrapped around my finger and it all fell into step from there. it was easy. And it was all done.
"That is no excuse," Eli snapped.

He was right. Lots of people had died because of my actions, but it was too late. There was a war coming and there was no stopping it.

***

More Eli