chapter thirty-two

{Angelina}

"Again," the man in the lab coat growled. I narrowed my eyes at the man in black that was in front of me. His stance was weak. I could see every single weak point of his just from the stance he was in. This would be easy.

The man came at me, anger blinding him. He was obviously angry I had beat him, but I honestly didn't care. He was just an obstacle in my way. I didn't care.

I grabbed him by the throat and jumped, swinging my body around until I was on his back. I wrapped my legs around his neck and pulled back, throwing him off balance.

We both hit the floor with a thud, but I was quicker to move. I climbed on top of him and shoved my claws right through his chest. He coughed up blood, which only made me smile as I pulled my claws out and stood.

Two men came and carried the man away. Weak. Everyone here was weak.
"Congrats. That's a new record," the man in the lab coat said. He smiled and wrote something down on his clipboard before he patted his stomach.

"Alright. let's go, I'm starving," he said, smiling. I nodded and followed him out of the training area and up the steps towards the main level. I had only been here for half a week, but I felt like these people were my family.

When I first got here, I was scared and I fought against them, but after they opened up my eyes and let me see what I couldn't see before, I liked them. They were pretty cool.

I never met the boss, because he was scared to show his face. But I met the second in command. She was nice. I didn't know her name, but I knew she was kind. She let me where her clothes, which was something most girls down do these days.

I had to admit her clothes were kind of slutty, but I couldn't complain when I had come here in only shredded remains.

Clare was resistant and she fought us. I don't know why she did, but she cried whenever she saw me. I told her that if she stopped fighting they would unchain her, but she would not listen.

Martin, my doctor, told me that I should stress over Clare. She was sick and if I stayed around her, I would get sick too. So mostly I avoided going downstairs into the jail cells to see her.

They said she was a danger to herself. That meant that she was a danger to me. In a distant reality, I remember being her friend and being close to her. Yet when I look back on that, I feel slightly sick. How could I ever have been friends with someone as weak as her?

I sat down at the table beside Martin and watched as he picked up his plate, which only had a few things on it.

I followed suit, taking a big bite of my carrot.
"The council is showing up soon. They want to see how well we are doing," Martin said.

I nodded. That was what they were getting me all strong and buff for. The council. Apparently there was a war coming. I didn't want my family to get hurt, so I agreed to fight alongside them in this war.

I would kill anyone who touched my family.
"Martin".

I turned to see the second in command standing there. She was dressed in a low V-neck shirt and really tight Jean shorts. I felt the lust radiating off of Martin, but I remained silent.

"Yes?" He asked.
"The boss would like to see her now," she said.
He nodded and stood, pushing his plate off to the side.

"I didn't think he would want to see you yet, but let's go," Martin said. I nodded and followed after him.

---------

I stood still as My boss walked circles around me. He was taking in the way I looked and my strength. I knew he was silently conversing with his second in command because I could feel her wolf getting testy.

"I like her," he finally said.
I nodded in acceptance to him.
"She's passed all the tests?" He asked.
Martin nodded silently.

My boss pursed his lips.
"Bring him in," he said. His second in command nodded and left the room.
"My mate....She was taken from me a few years back. It was tragic," my boss said. I kept my eyes straight forward as I listened to him talk about his mate. She sounded nice.

"I never believed there was a such thing as second chance mates, but I do now," he said as he took a step forward until we were inches apart.
My wolf moaned at the closeness and begged me to get closer.

"Will you be mine?" He asked.
I was about to answer when the door opened and his second in command came walking in, dragging a man behind her. I felt my wolf freeze and my heart started to race. He felt familiar to me, yet I couldn't recognize him.

"Do you know who this is?" He asked.
I looked at the man and shook my head.
"Would you like to be my mate?" My boss asked me. I looked into his dark chocolate brown eyes and nodded. The man on the ground whimpered loudly but I ignored him. This felt right. I took a step forward and my boss yanked me to him, crushing his lips down onto mine

Something in me reacted to him.
It was as if we were on fire. He slid his hands into my shirt and roughly squeezed my breasts.
"This is what I'm talking about," he moaned into my mouth before he pulled back.

"Alert the council. We're ready," he said to his second in command. She nodded and scurried from the room. Martin turned and followed after her.

"Angelina...My name is Seth," he said.
I nodded felt my wolf shake out her fur inside. I had found my mate.

***

At the top is odraago. Whom is the mystery rogue that was sent to pick up James from the silver falls pack. He is also in the next chapter