chapter five

{Angelina}

I stare in shock and horror at the two men that stood before me.
Maybe I was hearing things. I had to be.
"I think I heard you wrong-" I started but the alpha instantly cut me off.
Rude much?

"No, you heard me right.
Welcome to the red shadow pack," he said before he turned and disappeared through the door.

The other man smiled at me and I had to admit...he was kinda hot.
He looked down as he scratched the back of his neck and I swear it looked like he was blushing. He couldn't be.

"So...the alpha said to show you to the pack house. you're gonna love it," he said, stepping back so I could step out of the cell.

What was going on?
One minute I was chained to the ground and the next I was being showed to the pack house? And when had the alpha said anything?

The man must have seen my confusion because he just smiled and shook his head.
"I forget that you have just been through your first shift....you don't really know anything about us. come, the alpha will explain it all," he said, starting towards the door.

He led me up some stairs and down a hallway. It took me only seconds to realize that I wasn't the only one who had been locked up.
Others were too.

Every cell I passed had someone new in them.
I looked ahead at the man but he just kept walking.
"Why are these people locked up?" I asked.

"People? They aren't people. they're rogues," the man said before we reach the end of the hall. He opened a huge door and light flooded in, temporarily blinding me.

"Sorry," the man said when he heard me hiss.
He led me over to a car and we got in.

The ride was silent, but I didn't mind.
Now that it was day, I could see everything I hadn't been able to see before. the trees were so vibrant. so tall. they towered over us like they were our guardian angels.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I heard the man ask.
I didn't understand until I looked straight ahead. This must be the pack house, I thought in awe.

It was so beautiful and so huge!
"We don't all live here, so don't worry," the man said.
I remembered the stories that daddy used to tell me about the red shadow pack. Comparing them to what I had seen back there, the stories were every bit as true.

I ignored the looks I got from the man as I stayed silent, not even acknowledging the beauty of the house out loud.
The man sighed as he brung the car to a stop and climbed out, shutting the door.
I pushed open my door and jumped out, nearly slipping when I landed in the mud.
"Sorry," the man said, but he didn't move to help me as he walked towards the house. I rolled my eyes and followed after him, taking in the beauty. It was bigger and way more beautiful than conners had been. Surrounded by the tall trees, and calm rushing streams....I felt in paradise.

The man opened the front door and walked in. What was wrong with these people? Where were their manners? I thought.

"Eli, you didn't even tell me you were bringing her home," a female voice said.
I turned to see a girl standing at the top of a stair case.
The guys body relaxed and he smiled, bringing out all of his features.
She ran down the stairs and jumped right into his arms. She kissed him with so much love and passion, I had to look away.
Mates.
The thought made me think of James and instantly, I felt pain rip through me. Thinking of him was so painful. Why?

"Enough of that," I heard a stern voice say. I turned to see the alpha standing at the top of the stairs, his arms crossed.
He looked cold and serious. but when I looked at his eyes I saw...humor.

His eyes left them and landed on me. The humor faded and I saw determination seep in.
"Ms. Falls, care to join me on my office?" He asked.
I nodded and avoided looking at the man named Eli, and his mate.
I walked up the stairs and followed the alpha down a long hall.

At the end of that hall were two huge double doors. I knew that if the house was beautiful, his office would be too. And I was right.

The minute he opened the door I fell in love with it.
A long black sofa was stretched out along the wall, decorated with a dark and blue pillow on one side, and a light and dark green pillow on the other side. I didn't have to touch them to now they were soft.

My eyes wondered to the book shelves that cluttered the walls. They were color codes. Something inside of me felt the urge to correct that.
I turned away instead to focus on the sleek white desk that took up the middle of the room.
Files and stacks of paper were neatly set on the end of the table, leaving room for the black touch screen lap top that sat there. Behind his desk was the thing that made the office look beautiful. the thing I envied the most.

The view.

I stepped around his desk and took in the waterfall that fell quietly in the distance.
The sparkling water could be seen from miles away.
I felt the urge to leap off the boulders at the top and dive into the wonderfully clear sparkling water.

The alpha cleared his throat and I turned to look at him.
"My wife....decorated the room," he said in defense.
I admit, the blue wall paper didn't look like him.

I walked to his desk and sat opposite of his chair, ignoring the urge to moan as the soft material engulfed me.
He chuckled and sat down across from me, glancing at his laptop before he pulled a file off of the stack to his left.

"Alright.. Angelina...tell me everything," he said.

I didn't want to, but my mouth opened ad I found myself telling him everything.
I told him about how my father passed away before I was even ten.
How my mother abandoned me and my brother hated me.
I told him about my friend Clare, about the abuse I was subjected to as the omega.
Then I told him about my rejection.
He listened, never once did he interrupt like he had before.

When I was finished he nodded and pursed his lips.
"Angelina...how old are you?" He asked.
"16," I said.
He nodded and started writing something down.
After what felt like hours, he looked me straight in the eyes.
"How would you like to join my pack?" He asked.