chapter twenty-nine

{Angelina}

I groaned inwardly as I stood, my bones cracking from the lack of use all night. I swung my tail from side to side for a moment before I shook out my fur and trotted over to Justin who was on his side now.

I playfully circled around him before I plopped down on his stomach.
He groaned in my head and I laughed, which came out sounding as if I was coughing up a hair ball.

Morning Justin said.
I stuck my tongue out before I turned my head to look at Jake who was still sound asleep on his back, his paws in the air. I never understood how he slept like that.

Justin stood up, cracking his neck before he nipped at me playfully. I barred my teeth and shoved my tail in his face before I took off running. Justin growled in a playfully manner and came after me.

{Unknown}

I could hear them getting closer and closer. This was so much better than sitting confined in one room. This was way better. sometimes I really love my job.

I watched silently as the two wolves bounded towards my hiding spot. I dug my claws into the ground and leapt out of the bushes.

{Angelina}

I glanced over my shoulder to see Justin picking up speed. He'd catch me if I didn't do something. I spotted the bushes ahead of me and smiled inside. I rushed towards them, only to be thrown back when something leapt out of the bushes and right into me.

Justin was on me in a heartbeat, wrestling my attacker to the ground. The two wolves fought viciously but in the end, the other wolf ended up submitting to Justin.

Who are you? I growled.
The wolf raised its head up to glare at me.
Your worst nightmare he growled viciously before he bucked, catching Justin off guard.

Justin loosed his hold, giving the wolf enough time to shove him off and into a nearby tree. The wolf came at me, sinking its teeth into my shoulder. I cried out, rolling and forcing the wolf to let go.

The wolf leapt onto my back, sinking its teeth into my neck and forcing me down. My wolf and I fought as we were taught but we were losing strength quickly.

Submit to me the wolf ordered.
My wolf growled in response and bucked, but the wolf still didn't let go. I could see Justin knocked out a few feet away.

Jake I whimpered.
I heard the sound of paws hitting the ground heavily and I sighed in relief. Jake.

When he came into view, instead of coming to my rescue, he sat down, studying what was happening from a distance.

Micah, long time no see Jake said.
Same to you the wolf said to Jake, never once letting me go.
New mission? Jake asked.
The wolf nodded, making the pain I was feeling ten times as worse.
I could feel my wolf getting drowsy. No. NO. Stay awake. Do not submit to this creature.

Jake got up and I finally thought he was going to do something, but instead he stuck his tongue out to the side of his mouth.
She's weaker now he told the wolf.
The wolf sank it's teeth in deeper and my wolf whined.

Submit to me the wolf growled.
I submit I whispered in my mind before darkness took over.

{Justin}

I opened my eyes slowly, letting them adapt to the darkness that now engulfed me. Suddenly, everything came rushing back and I shot to my feet.

Don't even. You won't be able to track her. The scent is hours old and probably been masked by now Jake's voice said in my mind.

I turned my head to see Jake laying down beside a tree, his huge head on his paws.
Why aren't you out looking for her? I growled. Jake didn't even look at me.
You know why Jake said.

You bastard I roared as I ran at him. He tried to get up to defend himself, but I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into a tree, sinking my teeth in as far as they would go.

Justin I had no choice Jake cried but I didn't listen. I threw him as far as I could, enjoying the crunch sound I heard when he slammed into another tree.

How dare you. She loved you, she forgave you. I knew we couldn't trust you I snapped before I turned and took off after her scent. it was faint but I could still smell it, which meant there was still hope.

{Angelina}

I groaned as I opened my eyes, blinking a few times as my eyes adjusted to the darkness.
I tried to stand, but I was yanked back. I looked down and growled when I saw that there were chains holding me down.

Suddenly, it all came flying back to me. I reached out for my wolf, but she wasn't there and that made me scared.

I yanked at the chains, but it didn't do anything. I was as strong as a human, which literally meant I was weak.

I heard a door open and my eyes snapped towards the little bit of light that was peaking in. I growled when I saw a figure walking towards me.

If I had my wolf, I would break free and tear them apart. But I didn't have my wolf, so I could only growl and look stupid.

"Do you like it down here?" The figure asked, stopping a few feet away from me. I could tell by its voice that it was a man.

"I didn't think so. I have a proposition for you, I hope that you will say yes. I would hate to Have to force you," the man said.

I growled, reaching out for my wolf again but getting nothing.
"Your pack sold you out, Angelina," the man said.

I stopped growling.
"How do you know my name?" I asked.
"Easily. Everyone's talking about you. Daughter of the Alpha king. Everyone is looking for you and there's a pretty big price tag on your head right now. I'm almost tempted to hand you over to the highest bidder. Almost," the man said and he smiled.

Even in the darkness, I could see his pearly white teeth and honestly, that creeped me out.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"I want revenge. You see, something was taken from me, and I simply want to make the people who took it pay," the man said.

I growled, catching the lie the moment it left his lips.
"What do you want from me?" I growled.

"I just need your help," he said.
I growled.
"No".

The man growled and he smiled again, revealing his white teeth.
"Youre going to regret that," he said through his teeth before he turned and stormed out.

I yanked at the chains holding me down again but they didn't snap loose.
"You should have accepted," a voice said from behind me. I jumped and turned to see a woman huddled in the corner of the cell, her wrists and ankles chained down.

"Who are you?" I asked, getting down to her level.
The girl uncurled herself and stretched out her legs.
I squinted through the darkness and gasped when I saw who it was.

"Clare?" I asked

***

Ethan Wright's at the top. He's coming up soon.