chapter nineteen

Honestly I don't think this is going well but I love to write and I'm going to continue...well mostly because my friend wants me to continue and so on I go.

***
{Alpha bane}

I watched their eyes fill with pity and I looked down.
"The alpha king didn't give a second thought towards his wife. He returned to the witch and told her to do what she needed to. She agreed and placed a spell over the royal family.

The royal guards, the royal staff...everyone who had to do with the Royals daily life. Future guards. Future staff. If a staff member quit and another one was given the Job, the spell would find it's way to the new worker.

This spell allowed the Royals strength beyond the imagination. In their wolf form, they would be two times the size of a regular werewolf. Each generation of Royals would be stronger, faster and bigger.

Their blood ran with silver, making them a weapon against werewolves if need be. Their fur made of white oak ash, making them deadly to vampires. The spell made them immune to the powers of a witch. Immune to the bite of a vampire. Immune to silver, like normal werewolves.

The alpha king took his warriors, and he executed the sweeper. They swept the land and they wiped the vampire race out. So...what is the sweeper? The Royals sweep territories, they sweep every piece of land...and anything they find representing their target, they kill.

This time it's not vampires, it's rogues and they're damn sure prepared to kill werewolves. That is why no one is leaving. If you are out there and they happen to sweep by. They will kill you on sight," I said.

I watched as Jake's eyes widened.
"But angel-"
"I know," I said, feeling my heart break. They would have found her by now. Which meant there was no hope for her. I had to protect my pack and the pack I was in. Not worry about her.

{Angelina}

I stared at the man that was standing before me. He didn't really look like a man. He looked about my age, but I could tell he was older. Way older.

"Angelina," I finally managed to answer. The man's eyes went to the other man behind me.
"You know the rules Chase. Get her out of here before Klaus returns or your dead," he man said.

The man behind me stepped around me.
"She is not going anywhere. Listen," the man said. They both stayed silent, but I had no clue what they were even talking about. Suddenly, the man who had appeared out of nowhere slammed me against the wall, his eyes crystal white.

"Who are you," he growled.
"Angelina," I whispered, feeling a bit scared. My wolf scoffed and jumped out to meet his. I felt heat flow through me and towards where his hands were on my shoulders.

I felt a shock and he let go, his eyes wide.
"No. it cannot be," he said.
I stared at him, confused. Why was he looking at me like that?

He turned to the other man.
"Klaus will be here any minute. Get her somewhere safe-"
"I'm showing her to Klaus," the boy named Chase said.
They both glared daggers at each other and I feared someone was going to go for the kill. Suddenly, I heard it. The sound of a door shutting.

"I'm home," A voice called.
Both men went still before the one named Chase relaxed and smiled.
"In here Klaus," he said.
Moments passed before a boy walked into the room. His eyes scanned the two boys before they fell on me.

"What is she doing here?" He growled.
That's when it hit me. The voice. It was the same voice of the wolf that attacked me. I narrowed my eyes at him and I watched as his eyes went white. One eye struggled for a moment before the white darkened into black. Bingo.

"Klaus-"
"She is supposed to be dead! She is a rogue!" The man growled. He shot forward before anyone could stop him and grabbed me by the throat.

"Brother, no," one of the men said.
They moved to stop him but he squeezed harder.
"Klaus! It's her!" One of the men said. I couldn't distinguish who so don't get mad at me. I'm getting the life choked out of me right now.

Klaus's eyes widened and he dropped me as though I had burned him.
"Are you sure?"
"Listen," Chase said. The three of them remained silent listening for something I couldn't even hear. They all started smiling, which really creeper me the hell out. Klaus turned then to face me and I thought he was going to choke me again, but instead he pulled me into a hug and inhaled loudly.
"Welcome home," he said.

{James}

I couldn't believe what I had just listened to. Witches? Spells? Giant abominable werewolves? Please. These guys were insane. I smiled politely, then I excused myself, shutting the office door behind me and shaking my head as I walked down the hall.

Did they honestly think I was gonna believe that? Wait until Astion hears about this. I turned the corner, yanked open the door and stepped out onto the porch.

My eyes searched the woods but saw nothing. Stupids. Like I'm actually gonna waste away inside because of an old story his father used to tell him at bedtime? The Royals once existed but we all knew they were dead now. You had to be stupid not to know.

They fell extinct after the vampires did. End of story. The door opened behind me and out walked Jake. Like he owned the freaking porch.
"Why are you out here?" Jake asked. I pursed my lips.
"Hm, let me see...because I live here," I said, ending on a growl. Jake sighed and shook his head, looking out into the woods.

"I could kill you. Normally I would. A war with your pack would last I don't know...maybe an hour. Two at the most. The council would probably look the other way. I mean...who cares about a pack like this. You don't contribute like we do. I mean my dad has a seat in the council. We hunt. We provide, and what do you guys do? Live off the human government? Right," Jake said.

I growled.
Jake chuckled and turned to face me.
"Or I could tell Astion that you have been banging his wife. That would surely make things go south. We could watch your pack tear itself apart," Jake said, his head cocked to the side. My eyes widened.

"How-"
"I can see the way she looks at you when he is looking the other way. She's pretty, I gotta admitt. Maybe I'll even have a go...but still, did you think someone wasn't going to figure it out?" Jake asked, smiling.

"What do you want," I asked.
"You're going to go find angel and bring her back," Jake said.
"But-"
"No. You're going to so it whether you like it or not," Jake said.
"I'll be labeled a rogue," I growled.
"And?" Jake asked as he shrugged.
"I'll be beaten if I return," I whimpered. Jake smiled and I watched his eyes go black, not red.

"Listen here wolfie. I'm tired of your little games. You're her mate, you can track her down easier than I could and I want her back, you hear me? If I have to rip through every member of your pack and have my way with everyone...I will do it if it will make you go," Jake growled.

I stared into his eyes and I knew he wasn't lying. He would do it. I backed away from him slowly, watching his lips turn up in a smile. I turned and ran, his laughter chasing after me.

***

More of Jake at the top