119. The Pool

This story was requested by AmberCheshire
Hope you enjoy

As the sun shimmered on the water, NSB gathered around their pool, soaking in the warmth of the day. Seb, the youngest co-founder, bubbled with excitement, eager to showcase his latest pool trick. With a mischievous grin, he bounded towards the edge, preparing for a running dive.

"Watch this, guys!" Seb shouted, his enthusiasm infectious as he sprinted towards the pool's edge.

But just as he launched himself into the air, disaster struck. A rogue toy left near the pool's edge sent Seb tumbling, his trajectory veering off course. With a sickening thud, he collided with the edge of the pool, his body crumpling into the water.

"Seb!" Oliver cried out, his heart lurching with fear as he watched his younger brother disappear beneath the surface.

Without hesitation, Reggie, the muscular and nonchalant member of NSB, sprang into action. With powerful strokes, he reached Seb's side, pulling him from the water's depths. Oliver, his sweet smile replaced by a mask of worry, rushed to Seb's side, cradling his unconscious form.

"Is he okay?" Oliver asked, his voice trembling with concern as he glanced up at Reggie.

Reggie nodded, his expression serious as he assessed Seb's condition. "He took a hard hit, but he's breathing. We need to get him inside."

With the help of the rest of the group, they carried Seb to the house, laying him gently on the couch. Ty, the group's manager, dialed for emergency services while the others hovered anxiously nearby.

As they waited for help to arrive, Oliver brushed a damp lock of hair from Seb's forehead, his touch gentle and reassuring. "Hang in there, Seb," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion. "We've got you."

Minutes stretched into eternity until finally, the sound of approaching sirens shattered the tense silence. Paramedics rushed in, their skilled hands quickly assessing Seb's injuries before whisking him away to the hospital.

Sebastian slowly blinked his eyes open, the harsh fluorescent lights of the hospital room momentarily blinding him. He groaned softly, his head throbbing with pain as he tried to sit up.

"Seb, you're awake!" Oliver exclaimed, relief flooding his features as he rushed to his brother's side.

Sebastian managed a weak smile, his voice raspy as he spoke. "Hey, Oli. What happened?"

Oliver's eyes softened with emotion as he gently recounted the events of the day, explaining how Sebastian had taken a fall while attempting his pool trick and had been unconscious for the entire day.

"You had us all worried sick, Sebby," Oliver admitted, his voice thick with emotion as he reached out to squeeze Seb's hand.

Sebastian winced slightly at the contact, his body still sore from the impact, but he welcomed the touch nonetheless. "Sorry, Oli. I didn't mean to scare everyone."

"It's okay, Seb," Oliver reassured him, his smile warm and genuine. "The important thing is that you're okay now."

Sebastian nodded, gratitude flooding through him as he glanced around the room, taking in the concerned faces of his friends. Kane, Justin, Reggie, Ryan, Darren—they were all there, their expressions a mix of relief and worry.

"Thanks, guys," Sebastian said softly, his voice filled with emotion. "I'm lucky to have you all."

"We're the lucky ones, Seb," Reggie chimed in, his usual nonchalant demeanor momentarily replaced by genuine concern. "We're a family, remember? We look out for each other."

Sebastian nodded, a lump forming in his throat as he felt overwhelmed by the depth of their bond. "Yeah, we're family," he agreed, his eyes brimming with tears. "And nothing can ever break us apart."

As they settled in for the night, surrounded by the comforting presence of their friends and bandmates, Sebastian couldn't help but feel grateful for the unshakeable love and support that surrounded him. And as he drifted off to sleep, he knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, as one.