THE HALL SPEAKS #fallsemester (entire book)

What's up Wattpad Readers! I'm so grateful you are here. Ok, *deep breath* a little about me and how this story was born. 

I ended up in Residence life by accident. I was a fashion major that dreamed of moving to New York and working for a well-known designer. I became an RA to meet people. As a transfer student trying to find my place on campus, the position helped me feel a part of the community because, in a way, I was responsible for creating it. 

Then something unexpected happened, I started liking my job more than the fashion industry! I guess the team-builders, late night incidents, fundatory events, and the overall supportive environment won me over.I applied to the Higher Education Student Affairs master's program at Virginia Tech and graduated two years later. I spent a total of eight years working in Residence Life. 

Back in 2010 I decided to start writing this story for my children. To share with them the unique position of a live-in. I could have told them this: imagine having a job where you live with your co-workers, boss, and customers; where your role is to entertain, mentor, and manage crisis; all while getting a college degree. Simply say that didn't feel like enough. I'm a creative so writing a novel just felt more exciting.  

Between my colleagues, student staff and residents, I had a lot of material to draw from. All of them in some way inspired the characters and this story.  And if you're a Reslifer, feel free to play two truths and a lie and guess what actually happened and what didn't.

~Chloe 

~ Blog Posts 2013 ~

Friday November 1, 2013

Crush Unexpected

Behind Closed Doors

Game Over

A Cardinal Sin

RA in Bed

Sunday November 3, 2013

Freshmen Move-In

Resident Obstruction

Caught

Separation

Serenity Manor

Lights Out

Dr. Jekyll vs. Mr. Hyde

1-on-1

Friday November 8, 2013

Cover Blown

Tested

Panic Room

True Colors

Beach Epiphany

Monday November 11, 2013

Secret Admirer

Incognito

Nature

This Way the Wind Blows

Wednesday November 13, 2013

Two Shall Dance

Careful Gestures

Homecoming

Hope

Friday November 22, 2013

Damages

Chilly Campus

Proposals

Tuesday November 26, 2013

Disturbing Discoveries