Puppet Master

#Carly

Carly watched Sage vanish, then turned to Alana. "So what were you saying about your boyfriend?" teased Carly, trying to get Alana to spill any information regarding her love life. She was curious; she'd only seen Alana go out with Sage.

"No, actually, we were talking about your boyfriend," she clarified with a smile, completely dodging the question.

Carly didn't mind talking about herself. "Good, we went to dinner at Serendipity. He'd wanted to take me there for a while. We went now that his fraternity stuff is coming to an end, and it was delicious!" She clasped her hands together, beaming.

"What are you going to do about Ethan? I saw that picture on Facebook," Shandi interjected.

Horrified, Carly felt her ears quickly getting hot. "You saw that? Is it up again or something?" she said quickly, her words running together.

Alana looked confused; she didn't know about Carly and Ethan's roller coaster relationship.

"Chillax, Carly. I saw it earlier today." Shandi opened the FB app on her phone and took a seat next to Alana. "It's not up anymore

Carly took in a deep breath as a few residents came to the desk. She checked them in, and when they left lobby she picked up the conversation again.

"Okay you two, just don't bring it up again. I'm sorry I ever... anyway," Carly couldn't finish. She reached for a marker instead. She needed to make a new door tag for her resident.

"Are you going to the Drag Ball?" asked Shandi, twisting a friendship band in her hair.

Carly shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, I don't think Patrick's up for a dance like that... I doubt if any of the guys on staff go. Landon would but he has that concert thingy," said Carly, looking at Alana. "What about you?"

"Yep, Owen will never forgive me if I don't," she stated with a smile as she looked up from her Political Thought textbook. "Besides I'm so excited for the organization. It took forever for this to get approved on campus, you know."

"Yeah, that's... awesome," Carly said, not really in the mood to hear about any cause but her own.

"Shandi, you got a date?" asked Alana, grinning playfully at Shandi.

"Nope, you want to go?"

"Sure!" Shandi jumped into Alana's lap, bear hugging her.

Carly shook her head. "See, now residents are going to start talking about you. They're going to think you two are together. You're always hanging out with... what's her name, Gio? Residents are going to think you're cheating on her with Shandi," Carly said, raising her brows.

Alana and Shandi laughed

Alana scooted out of the seat and stood up. "It doesn't matter," she mumbled. "I have a lot more to worry about then residents talking about me behind my back. Besides, everyone knows Gio likes boys... a lot." Her face grew heavy, her eyes reflecting deeper thoughts than silly dates.

Carly wanted to ask, but decided to change the subject. "You two should sign up for the iShare program, we've only had five residents sign up so far."

Shandi grabbed Carly's shoulders. "Yes, awesomeness! I've been looking for a reason to rock out on my guitar."

Alana stared at Carly unblinkingly, her lips contorted.

"Ah, don't give me that look, Alana," said Carly, noticing Alana's hesitance. "You can do something. Just stand there... I'm sure the guys will get a real thrill out of that." Carly wasn't smiling.

The Hall Speaks #fallsemesterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara