Welcome and Thank You

What's up Wattpad Readers! I'm so grateful you are here. Whether you read a little or a lot, I appreciate you and your time. Ok, *deep breath* a little about me and how this story was born.

I ended up in Residence life by accident. I was a fashion major that dreamed of moving to New York and working for a well-known designer. I became an RA to meet people. As a transfer student trying to find my place on campus, the position helped me feel a part of the community because, in a way, I was responsible for creating it.

Then something unexpected happened, I started liking my job more than the fashion industry! I guess the team-builders, late night incidents, fundatory events, and the overall supportive environment won me over.I applied to the Higher Education Student Affairs master's program at Virginia Tech and graduated two years later. I spent a total of eight years working in Residence Life.

Back in 2010 I decided to start writing this story for my children. To share with them the unique position of a live-in. I could have told them this: imagine having a job where you live with your co-workers, boss, and customers; where your role is to entertain, mentor, and manage crisis; all while getting a college degree. Simply say that didn't feel like enough. I'm a creative so writing a novel just felt more exciting.

Between my colleagues, student staff and residents, I had a lot of material to draw from. All of them in some way inspired the characters and this story. And if you're a Reslifer, feel free to play two truths and a lie and guess what actually happened and what didn't.

~Chloe