Inspections

#Sage

"Okay, so we're going to check out seven televisions from the media center?" asked Alana while lying across her bed.

Sage sat on the floor, his back against the bed. He'd just taken her for that motorcycle ride he promised, and now they were planning for their program.

He looked up at her, feeling closer to her because of their recent time together. "Yeah, but I'll place the order. I want to make sure we get the flat screens."

"Okay, great! I think that's it," Alana said, sitting upright on the bed.

Sage stood up and grabbed his bag. "I'll meet you downstairs when you're ready to check rooms," he said, walking towards the door. "So, you had fun today? You can tell me if you didn't."

"Yes, for the fourth time, I had fun. Thanks for taking me." Alana's smile seemed genuine and sincere.

Sage sighed, his heart moving faster than his thoughts. "We should go again sometime," he muttered. He looked deeply into her eyes, and then his gaze drifted to her full lips.

"Sure."

Sage leaned forward, lightly tracing the top of her ears with his fingers. The sweetness of her skin drew him closer to her face.

Alana put her hand on his chest, restraining him. "Sage, please don't," she murmured.

He couldn't bring himself to look in her eyes as rejection washed over him like a cold shower.

"I'm sorry, I just... we're friends," said Alana, struggling to find the right words that never came.

Sage smiled half-heartedly. "Nah, it's okay, you don't have to explain. We are friends," he said, looking up at her. And I'm an idiot...

#Carly #Sage

After the inspections the staff gathered around the front desk to turn in all their forms to Landon. He was still in his office, so they staff talked while they waited.

"You found what?" asked Carly through a hysterical laugh.

Laughing, Owen's red face looked like it might just pop. "I found sex toys in one of my resident's rooms." He was laughing so hard he could hardly get the words out. "Definitely a health violation."

"Gross. I feel violated just hearing about it," Carly joked, then tried to pull Shandi's hands down from her face. "You've gotta see this stuff! Seventeen-year-olds need sex ed too."

Ethan walked into the lobby and up to the desk with the rest of the staff. Carly's laughter quickly subsided. She and Ethan hadn't spoken since their altercation. The staff interpreted their sudden awkwardness to a lovers' quarrel. No one but Carly knew of Ethan's addition to steroids.

"Yo Ethan, how did your inspections go?" asked Marcus.

"Will and I found so much alcohol. I can't believe these guys would leave that stuff in their room. Last year I just stashed it all in my car—no brainer."

Carly rolled her eyes, and she could feel her cheeks getting hot. What a delusional hypocrite.

"Hey, did anyone find any drugs? Landon was hoping that we would come across Scarface," Sage asked. Everyone shook their head.

Shandi's attention drifted to one of Will's residents who was still wearing a cast. She recognized her as the girl that fell during the storm. "Oh my gosh, I'm glad she didn't sue us. I wonder how long she's going to be in that thing?" she whispered to Owen and Carly.