4

"You coming with me to moms?" Lorrie asked as she adjust her blue hand knitted shirt to her liking

      "You coming with me to moms?" Lorrie asked as she adjust her blue hand knitted shirt to her liking. Not getting a answer she turned to see tevin grinning at his phone. "Tevin" she called a bit louder. He looked up before locking his phone. "What babygirl you good?" He asked his expression softening.

They had spent the entire day together and surprisingly had yet to have an argument. Probably because he was so involved with whatever was shown on his phone the entire time.

"I said are you coming with me to moms" she repeated. He made a yikes face before scratching his waves. She instantly knew the answer so she turned back around.

"I want to baby but I got to go in tonight. We got a big case and Durney want it figured out as soon as possible" he spoke referring to his boss who Lorrie had grown to hate. He kept tevin at work as long as he could. At this point it seemed like tevin just needed to move into the firm.

"It's ok I'm not mad" she lied. She knew he was also avoiding her mother because she didn't hold back when it came to her baby girl. She was the youngest and only girl out of two other boys. The oldest Keon, was a truck driver with his own family and the other Ermani, was a pharmacist you could say.

Lorrie longed for a sister but never got one and that's why she was beyond grateful for Sariyah and Amiya. 15 years in and you couldn't tell the girls they weren't blood. Their families and parents had grown just as close often linking and throwing events together.

"I'll make it up to both of you" he kissed her forehead head before grinning at her in the mirror. Despite how he acted Tevin knew his wife was beautiful. She always had been that's what originally caught his attention four years ago.

That didn't stop his neglectful ways though.

"You know I'd kill for you right" he spoke looking at her through the mirror. "Yea yea you say it all the time. Move I'm hungry and I'm trying to finish up" she slightly moved so he'd get off her.

"You took a test?" He asked placing his hand on her stomach. She choked back a laugh thinking about what Miya said. Here he was looking for his air baby for real. She almost felt bad.

"Yea it was negative" she pouted watching him frown. She hadn't took a test not seeing the need to. "Send me your period chart so I can know when you ovulating" he kissed her head again before leaving the room.

"I absolutely will the fuck not" she scoffed to herself. Glancing over her reflection in the mirror she gave herself a thumbs up in satisfaction.

"Tevin!" She yelled attempting to let him know she was leaving. Hearing no response she pinched her nose and shook her head. Walking to the window she saw that he was gone making her attitude grow rapidly.

He never kissed her bye or announced he was leaving but she couldn't find it in her to care at this point. She grabbed her keys and headed to their shared Range Rover. Putting in her mother's address she backed out and began her journey.