11

The sound of a phone ringing could be heard for what felt like the 100th time that morning

The sound of a phone ringing could be heard for what felt like the 100th time that morning. Aariz let out a groan as it would start back as soon as it ended.

"Answer yo fuckin phone" he grumbled making Lorrie stir. He was getting irritated at how many times her phone had went off in the past twenty minutes. It wasn't shit that important that was worth as many calls as she had gotten.

She easily dozed back off ; her head firmly pressed against his chest as soft snores left her making him groan. He reached over grabbing her phone to see the contact name Hubby.

"Mmcht, come on yo' husband callin and shit ma" he spoke a little louder while shaking her shoulder. Her eyes snapped open as she mugged him for interrupting her sleep. She raised her thigh higher on him getting ready to lay back down before freezing as his morning wood came in contact with her leg.

The contact caused him to let out a low groan, making lorrie instantly sit up feeling flustered. She quickly grabbed her phone needing to distract herself.

Deciding he'd slept enough Aariz got up to do his morning routine. He was in the middle of brushing his teeth when Lorrie finally made her way into the bathroom. She put her arms in the air to stretch and his eyes quickly flickered to her thick thighs that were peaking out from under his shirt as she leaned back a little.

"Everything cool" he asked adverting his attention to her face. He honestly didn't care he just wanted to hear her voice.  "Yes Riyah is just worried and Tevin was trying to see if I made it home yet" she spoke softly.

He nodded walking out the bathroom "I had somebody bring you some shit to throw on" he spoke as she completed her routine and came out shortly afterwards. A bag was placed on the bed making her smile. That was so thoughtful seeing as she didn't have any clothes here, yet. The gesture made her warm.

"Awww you're so sweet" she cooed looking into the bag seeing a waydamin set and other little accessories.

"Fuck up" he mumbled making her suck her teeth. "And thank you for yesterday. I play a lot but I am genuinely grateful" she smile opening her arms for a hug.

His lips tugged into a small smile as he leaned down to bring her into his embrace. He was becoming one of her favorite people despite his standoffish ways. "Ight mama I got shit to handle" his voice rasped out making her sigh. She wasn't ready to leave him just yet but she knew it was coming.

He was always working, but despite that he still made more time for her than Tevin did and she loved it.

The two went their separate ways to get dressed and met back up in the living room shortly after. The ride to Riyah's house was quiet as she silently pouted. She felt like her time with him was always limited but she knew it was no one but her fault.

She wanted to let Tevin know about her recently found friendship but she was afraid of how he'd react to it. He never said he couldn't have friends but Aariz was a male. A handsome one at that.