13

"Try it" Lorrie held out the Spicy Dorito that she had scooped vanilla ice cream on

"Try it" Lorrie held out the Spicy Dorito that she had scooped vanilla ice cream on. East stared at her with a blank facial expression obviously refusing to eat the weird concoction. "You pregnant?" He questioned genuinely curious.

"Ew no I'm on the shot" she frowned her face up before eating the chip. She took another chip and scooped more ice cream on it and held it up to his mouth.

Lorrie had been at this place for the past two days ignoring everybody who contacted her phone. She had simply let Sariyah know where she was and that was it. Riri of course was covering for her as far as Tevin , but she did want to know what was wrong with her sister.

Lorrie wasn't trying to run from her problems but getting away didn't feel too bad. At time she had this weird thought about picking up and moving and just starting fresh but she'd never do it.

"That nasty shit man back up" he finally mumbled , his raspy voice filled with disgust. "Pleaseeee I swear it's good. We can fight if it's not" she offered making him shake his head. Poking out her lip she looked at him sadly making him give up and open his mouth. She always got her way despite him telling her things couldn't be how she wanted them 24/7.

She happily placed the chip in his mouth while watching his face for a reaction. He frowned then nodded approving the weird taste. "It ain't bad"

"Yea I know what I be talking about" she rolled her neck while scooping more for herself. Lorrie finished off her snack before getting up and washing her hands. She glanced back at Aariz who was scrolling on his phone.

Over the last two days, he had brought her nothing but peace. His presence in general made everything better, his aura was so relaxing. Whoever ended up with him was going to be one lucky woman and she loved that for her.

"You always staring" He spoke making her jump as he now stood in her face. No way she was that zoned out. "Why they call you east?" She questioned softly stepping closer and laying her head on his chest.

"Because I'm from the east" he shrugged wrapping her into his arms. "Ok tell me more" she urged. She was nosey.

"I'm from East Harlem, born and raised by my mom. I love that lady to death she did this shit alone with me and my little brother. My pops been in jail since I was 9, I wasn't really close with him so it didn't bother me. I wanted to help my mom out and shit so I turned to fast money that's how I got all this" he motioned to his large home. "I graduated and went to college but dropped out after the first week and that's about it" He shrugged keeping it brief.

It was a lot she didn't know about him and he wasn't shame to telling her, if she asked he'd let her know.

"She raised you right" she looked up at him with a small smile. She truly did and it showed in the way he took care of her when he knew something was off.

In the past two days he hadn't even question her on what happened but he was constantly checking on her mental health as well as doing everything he could to keep her up and moving. They'd take random walks at night, have parked car conversations, indulge in her favorite snacks and he even bought her a journal to write out how she felt. To say she was grateful was an understatement.